Rangefinder Choice

It's my understanding that the 2200 has a smaller reticle.

I just bought the 2200 to replace my Bushnell 1300. Haven't had a chance to use it yet.

Cabela's has the 2200 in O2 Octane on sale right now for $399. Go to a website like Raise.com and buy $400 worth of Cabela's cards at about an 11.5% discount ($400 for ~$354). Then buy it from Cabela's with the gift cards. With tax I ended up paying about $375 total. Shipping was free.

That's not much more than the 2000 on sale which also might be in the process of being discontinued.

I looked at the Leica 1600 and couldn't justify the $500-600 when I could get the Sig Kilo 2200 for a total of $375.
I can provide the 2200 for 375.00 any time, no cabelas cards needed. PM me if interested

Wow... You guys really like to spend money..

I got an SA Sports Dragon Eyez 1500 from Amazon for $200.
Have actually ranged a deer silhouetted on a hill at 1160 yards.
600-800 yards no prob.

Keep us posted on your experience with that thing. mtmuley

Since I see Sig rangefinders being discussed here I thought I'd share my recent experience. My Kilo2000 arrived recently, just in time for my elk hunt. Overall they have done a good job. The build quality seems solid, the optics are crisp and bright, and I like the red display with auto brightness. The problem with the one I bought is that the laser isn't aligned with the reticle ring. The day I got it, I did Randy's alignment test on it ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJR_LRZUGq8 ), and it failed.

IMG_0032.jpg

If it's off that much at just over 50 yards I wonder how much error there would be at 250? I'll be exchanging this unit and hope the next one is aligned properly.

I tried several tests while on my hunt, and all showed the laser reflecting from the target (utility pole) off to the right of the ring.

Last edited:
A Cabalas sale flier just came out today and the sig 2200 will be 349.99 on 11-9-17 till around turkey day.

Dan

has anyone tried the nikin 7 I vr?im interested in the vibration reduction?{always hard to hold still when you push the range button}would like some reports on it if anyone has tried one yet,,around 399 I think.

has anyone tried the nikin 7 I vr?im interested in the vibration reduction?{always hard to hold still when you push the range button}would like some reports on it if anyone has tried one yet,,around 399 I think.

I have not tried the one you are talking about, but I will say that the ones that read while scanning help that issue a lot. Seems to be fairly obvious usually once you fall off the target.

I'd g with the Sig. I like & use Leupold products, but I hated the Leupold range finder I had- it was junk. It had a bunch of different modes & every time I turned it on it would pick some mode that wasn't what I wanted to be doing and it was very difficult, if even possible, to make it change to the mode I wanted to be in. I finally got sick of it at elk camp this year & used it for an archery target before I threw it away.

Mine is pretty old, Leupold RX-II. Wasn't real expensive but I forget how much. I think one of the thing's to consider is the range's your willing to shoot at a big game animal. I confine my big game shots to under 300yds and have done that one time just to say I did it. I have no need for a range finder that will range a gnat at 2000yds! And I have never actually ranged an animal with it either. what I do is constantly check ranges to different point's around me. All of my rifles get sighted in for max point blank range and with each I can hold on the back bone at longer ranges and make a good hit. Now and then I go out plinking and take a HP rifle and range different objects I shoot a, built's a lot of confidence in me in the rifles. When doing that I don't care how far away a target is, hard to wound a rock! The result is shooting at different target's as far as my range finder let's me, usually about 550 yds, make's even 300 yds a piece of cake.

As I recall, I paid somewhere around $300 for mine. I looked at a Bushnell at the same time and couldn't get it to give my two like return's on the same target from in front of the store; the Leupold did fine. As it turned out, the one I have worked out very well for me as I don't actually range the animal, but rather object's at what I think is the farthest I'd shoot and let that confine my shooting. A good friend of mine has a Nikon range finder and he like's it very well. They didn't make one when I got mine or I would have tried it also. I have a few Nikon scopes and like then very well.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mthunter137
Back