Backpack Desert Bighorn (Pics)

Awesome story, awesome country, awesome ram. I've been to Lake Powell a few times, and it's truly an amazing place. Thanks for sharing, and congratulations to your wife.

Dream hunt. I drew a California Bighorn tag in Idaho on the Owyhee River some years ago and also decided hire a guide. Looks like money well spent. Thanks for sharing.

What an experience! Congratulations on an incredible hunt and beautiful trophy.

Incredible photos! Congratulations to your wife.

Congratulations. That’s incredible. A life-long memory for sure.

Thanks for the kind words. And now here's the rest of the story...

On a training hike on September 10th with heavy packs, my wife rolled her ankle in a rut in the trail. Weeks of icing and rest didn't help it heal but she refused to see a doctor since she didn't want a diagnosis prior to her hunt anyway.

Without going into too much detail, it turns out she has a broken bone in her ankle and torn ligaments that will result in surgery scheduled for next Tuesday. She's one tough chick to do a backpack sheep hunt with a busted ankle.

That is quite an adventure. Congrats!

That terrain looks like Mars. Or at least what the movies portray Mars to look like.

I apply in a few states for desert sheep, and often wonder if I'd go DIY or hire an outfitter if I was so lucky to draw.

Amazing ram, amazing country, and great story. Also nice to see a desert ram pic with only 1 or 2 people instead of 8 or so!! I was starting to think all desert rams required 8 people per tag for success!!

Haha, I've always got a kick out of the "DIY... with 8 guys" stuff too. Though I definitely don't blame people for covering their bases with something like a sheep tag. Heck, I hired a guide and it was the best move we made.

She got her stitches out a few weeks ago and gets the cast off before Christmas. Then a walking boot and physical therapy through spring.

I still can't believe she did a backpack sheep hunt with a busted up ankle. Super impressive.

20171205_212333.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tvrguy
Back