Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Montana Moose Musings

Big Fin

Administrator
Staff member
I was not the lucky tag holder, but being on my first Shiras moose hunt was a remarkable experience, for so many reasons. I'm packing for another road trip, so hopefully Matthew (Cornell 2012) will fill in the details of how it happened that he got to pack moose meat and antlers.

M_Parente_MTMoose_3.jpg

Photo credit - Michael Parente

If the rest of the meat is even slightly as tasty as the tenderloin roast we ate on Friday night, I will have to put a lock and security alarm on my freezer.

Congratulations!
The joy of success is very satisfying I cannot wait to hear the story and see the pics.
I hope for a similar experience for my family next month.

All the photos I've seen of this bull are impressive to say the least, can't wait to hear more of the hunt and see more photos. Congratulations!

If the rest of the meat is even slightly as tasty as the tenderloin roast we ate on Friday night, I will have to put a lock and security alarm on my freezer.

Congrats Matthew and crew on a great bull! I concur with the taste of moose. With the tags we scored in our family this fall I was planning on being generous to family and friends with moose and elk meat. Having fill the tags and having tasted the moose, we will be generous with elk meat. The moose is staying in my freezer!

The neat thing about moose is that the cuts are the same size as a beef. A "porterhouse" from moose is the same size as a nice Angus cut, compared to an elk "porterhouse" that is the size of a good sized pork chop. The meat is delicious second only to wild sheep for me, others may reverse the two. GJ

I, too, was not the one who punched the tag ... but it was a great experience to be able to go along with my son and witness the whole thing. It is something I will never forget ... just freaking awesome. I have to say, like Gerald M., the moose meat has been exceptional. I, however, have givens some to friends and family .... Gerald :).

Congrats Matt!!!! Some of my best hunting memories were from my NH moose hunt in 2014 and my buddy and his father's cow moose hunt in Maine in 2012.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rimfire45
Back