MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Storing your range finder?

lifesupport4u

what do you carry your rangefinder in and where do you store it?

I have a Leupold rangefinder and pouch but am worried it will fall out of the pouch, since it comes open pretty easily.

On my belt seems to be in the way of my backpack if I need it quickly.

Maybe I should put it on my backpack with a lanyard so I don't lose it.

FHF or similar rangefinder pocket attached to a binocular harness works pretty well. I will also use a coiled bungee type lanyard and hook to belt loop and keep the rangefinder in a lower pocket pants pocket. That allows me to range my target and then drop the rangefinder without it hitting the ground or losing it.

I hang my Leica on my neck and treat it like sh*t. It’s worked for so long and so well I doubt I will ever have to buy another rangefinder.

Mine is in it's pouch on my pack shoulder strap. I always carry an extra battery and remove the battery at the end of the season.

I think I just need to get a lanyard for it. I have had it fall out of the Leupold pouch. Luckily I found it.

Similar to others. I have a rangefinder pouch attached to my bino harness. It use the marsupial pouch. I also use outdoor vision lanyards. One on each side. The side of my range finder attaches directly to that. The other side is attached to my gps. Easy and simple setup.

I run my right side bino pouch strap thru the loop on the Leupold rangefinder case. Works fine.

Just started doing the same this year. I used to keep it in a pants cargo pocket or in a hip belt pocket of my pack (I have no idea why). Placing it on my bino harness strap has made it so much easier to access and monitor. I do need to get a lanyard just for a little insurance.

Kuiu bino and rangefinder cases on my chest. So easy and fast its stupid

I just bought one of these myself. Only been using it 3 weeks but it feels very comfortable even in our current heat. Before that it was a crooked horn harness with the rangefinder pouch.

I just carry it in a jacket pocket, and pull the battery after the season.

I too store it either in the Leupold case with the FHF bino strap holding it in place or lately use the FHF rangefinder pouch. However I find the rubberized coating on my rangefinder to be a complete pain in the rear for quickly removing it from the pouch. Anyone else have this issue?

I keep mine next to my binos much like others in the pic bit I prefer the marsupial closure as it opens the opposite direction and does not have the hook closure in front.

I also lanyard the rangefinder directly to the bino case.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back