MR cabinet vs pintler

CForest

Looking at buying a new daypack that can haul meat. Can get a MR for 20% off right now. Just having a hard time deciding on the cabinet or pintler. Would one haul elk quarters better than the other?? I have no worries either one will have a problem with the amount of gear I need to haul. Wish I would have looked closer when I was at a store, didnt expect to get this kind of deal till the offseason.
Thanks!!

Haven't found any real great info or videos online. Which one has more pockets?? I don't carry much big stuff, other than occasionally my 80mm spotter.

One of the better reviews of the Pintler https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wHhHZ8W6yhI

I love mine . In addition to the lid it has two zippered pockets inside that are sewn to create sleaves(might be perfect for spotter) , and two larger pockets (open top) at either side of the main zipper .

cheers

I have both, well, the crew cab and the longbow, but they are the same thing. If I had to choose just one it would be the longbow. It is lighter and easier to manage you gear during the hunt, and the tube pockets on the CC aren't super long so depending on your spotter it might not fit.

That being said, I always bring my CC with in the truck to swap for when hauling meat. It seems to control a load just a little better

I have the Cabinet. It is kind of a minimalist daypack, great for hauling meat but there's not a lot of room in the pack itself for things like a jacket. Also, if you have a spotting scope, the pockets on the side might not be big enough to fit your spotter in.

I have the Cabinet. It is kind of a minimalist daypack, great for hauling meat but there's not a lot of room in the pack itself for things like a jacket. Also, if you have a spotting scope, the pockets on the side might not be big enough to fit your spotter in.

Interesting, my spotter is currrently a 80mm vortex. Which seems quite large. I had hoped there was a little more room in there considering on paper it actually shows a little more space than the pintler. Im not packing a lot really, just knives, gloves, safety gear, food and water stuff like that. Also layers as i take them off when needed..... you guys are kind of swaying my decision towards the pintler

I have the Longbow which is the predecessor of the Pintler. I love it because i can easily fit all of my day stuff in it and still pack out meat with ease by taking the bag off the frame. And with the Pintler, they added the load sling which would be extremely handy compared to the Longbow that doesn't have it. Also, the Longbow (and the Pintler I believe) have deep pockets on the inside that should fit a spotter in them.

I have the Longbow which is the predecessor of the Pintler. I love it because i can easily fit all of my day stuff in it and still pack out meat with ease by taking the bag off the frame. And with the Pintler, they added the load sling which would be extremely handy compared to the Longbow that doesn't have it. Also, the Longbow (and the Pintler I believe) have deep pockets on the inside that should fit a spotter in them.

Good info, when you take your bag off to pack meat how do you keep the meat on?? Just a bunch of paracord? I think i will likely leave the pack on just so i have water anyways, but always good to know my options if i wanted to.

haha sorry, was probably a silly question. I didn't realize the buckles and straps stayed with the pack when the bag was off.

Based on what you are considering taking in, gear-wise, and overall needs, I would go with the Pintler. When something hits the dirt, you can engage the Overload Shelf, which allows you to carry out as much as possible (or can handle) by placing the quarter/game bag/etc. between the frame and pack. Check out this video for a quick how to.
You will be one happy camper (hunter) with the Pintler.

Interesting, my spotter is currrently a 80mm vortex. Which seems quite large. I had hoped there was a little more room in there considering on paper it actually shows a little more space than the pintler. Im not packing a lot really, just knives, gloves, safety gear, food and water stuff like that. Also layers as i take them off when needed..... you guys are kind of swaying my decision towards the pintler

The 80mm definitely will not fit. My friend has the older model 65mm and it barely fits. He said the newer model 65mm is a little longer and he doesn't think it would fit.

Thanks for all the info and help guys, I ordered the pintler just a bit ago. I read on another forum you will likely not have the pintler and wish you had the cabinet, but could have the cabinet and wish you had the pintler. Which made sense and sealed the deal for me. The pintler just seems to have more flexibility for oddball sized gear. And with my wife hunting with me a lot, who knows what kind of things "need" to come along ha! Hopefully it comes soon as I have a couple elk to hopefully haul out yet this year as well as a bighorn ewe. Will be fun to compare it to my cabelas Alaskan frame that I can now loan out.

I have both as well. If I had to choose one, it would be my pintler. Really great all around pack. They only way the cabinet comes out of the closet is if a friend needs a pack or if we have to haul an animal out.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fishing-Moka
Back