Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Wyoming antelope

NDMuley

Purchased my 1st preference point today. Question I have for the veterans of hunting in Wyoming is where do I start my research on units with good odds with 1 point and accessible land. I am not after a giant just looking for a good hunt and a reasonable chance at a antelope. This will be my 1st time hunting big game outside ND. Thanks for your input. I am really enjoying reading these post about all the successful hunts.

There's a lot of different units, you can use Go Hunt to really narrow it down for starters or you could just dissect the hunt planner on the game & fish web page. If you can avoid the units that have very limited public access, I can't imagine that you wouldn't have a successful hunt. Not that there isn't approachable antelope in those harder access units, just implying that even with a single point there's several units you could hunt with a lot more access. To give you a broad sense, the east side of the state, minus a few units, is going to be open to you. You could use your single point to get into a unit with better access and then pile in the type 6 licenses in the same or neighboring unit. If you want some more in-depth stuff, just shoot me a PM and I'll help with what areas I'm familiar with. Good luck.

You start with how much you want to pay for a tag then which units you can draw. Pretty easy after that. There won't be a lot of difference between 1 point units.

So if I am reading it right on the draw odds with 1 point in 2017 your odds for unit 21 would have been 100%?

I'm not a veteran per se, but I've hunted there. Good trophy opportunities exist with only 2 points if you're willing to navigate checkerboard land of public/private and many doe tags in restricted areas (type 7) are 100% draw or leftover in public areas. Do some research on draw odds using the hunt planner tool on Wyoming's website. I have a love for south central Wyoming.

PM me for specifics if you want them.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Iceman1992
Back