Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

.243 Win Handloads

Darren8167

Hey guys. I have a brand new mossberg ATR 100 in .243 that I bought for my wife for $150. I have reloaded a little for my 30-06 and 6.8 SPC. I am looking fir some good recipes for an all copper mono hunting bullet for deer and antelope. Thanks in advance.

I'd look to the Barnes 85 grain TSX bullet, there may be more right around that weight. For the powder somewhere in the 4350 range, looking at official data of course.

Just a reminder, don't take data for regular 85 grain 'cup & core' bullets, the all copper has a good chance of a lower max.

I worked up a pretty sweet load (6 rounds each load, working up in half grain increments) for my son's first Deer hunt. Very accurate in his little CVA single shot rifle. 95gr BT with IMR4831 After initial sight in, this load shot, just about MOA, three times in a row (3 shot groups)....not bad for a rifle under $200. Starting data from the Nosler Reloading Guide 7.

Also, a Berger Classic Hunter 95gr version with a grain less of the same powder...I looked at this load but settled with the above since it shot so well.

I have done quite a bit of loading for my .243 using the Barnes 85 grain TSX. I had my best luck with Superperformance powder. I never was able to get IMR 4350 to really dial it in.

Ive been shooting the Hammer Hunters in my 6.5 and really like them, they are worth considering also.

Go to the Barnes website and they list loads for all calibers. Fantastic loads and Barnes are second to none in bullets (even better than Nosler ) :)

I'd look to the Barnes 85 grain TSX bullet, there may be more right around that weight. For the powder somewhere in the 4350 range, looking at official data of course.

Just a reminder, don't take data for regular 85 grain 'cup & core' bullets, the all copper has a good chance of a lower max.

+1 The 85gr TSX has given me great results with multiple different powders.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmich05
Back