MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Bi-partisan Effort to Improve Forest Management

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is factual and is a worthy topic of this thread. I think the discussion has turned somewhat contentiously convoluted in that there is a difference in perspective regarding the "problems that our western forests are now facing". BHR, it would be helpful to be more clear on your perspectives, rather than merely providing a link to a news article which may or may not be current or even pertain to the question or issue at hand. Most folks are somewhat frustrated at the seemingly stifling litigation, thus see a need for legislative solutions. Most folks agree that more forest management practices such as logging and thinning are needed to reduce fire risk and potential damages in urban wildland interface areas and to allow the timber industry increased opportunity. However, the evidence analyzed during the many large wildfires during the past couple of decades refutes the assertion that logging and thinning serves to prevent the drought related extensive wildfires. Your opinion regarding the use of thinning to mitigate wildfire risks in microcosmic specific areas is respected and even agreed with. but the logic cannot be reasonably extended to the tracts of millions of acres of forest across the northwest.

With regard to the Rice Ridge fire, Rob has asked some specific questions, which you have either misunderstood or simply don't wish to answer because the response may not support your assertions. 'Don't know which, but it is clear there is a difference in what is asked versus the response. Again, apples vs pumpkins. It is unfortunate since both Rob and BHR are clearly frustrated with one another and the communication process has evolved to a point of disrespect.

With all due respect Straight Arrow, most all of Rob's specific questions were answered.

For one that was not, here's a link.

https://www.fs.fed.us/rmrs/science-spotlights/mountain-pine-beetle-effects-fire-behavior-0

For why the Rice Ridge and Lolo Peak fires were managed the way they were, a lot of people would like those answers as well. I have my thoughts but will keep them to myself.

thanks sa.. Yup, specific questions... This one is a mystery to me. I'll try to fly over it this summer to see what burned. Maybe the areas that were managed had more mature trees survive. If anyone has some real info on the area feel free to pm me. Except for dan, not much of value been said here.

lol

Whatcha laughing at Dan O? (I was referring to answering my questions.)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back