MN Bear Hunting

AKal

Hello all,

So my hunting party here in west central MN have just purchased a new chunk of hunting land that is attached to 11,000 acres of tax forfeit property that is open to public hunting. The county logs their property and what has been logged has the typical young growth forest consisting of raspberries and the like. I was wondering if I were to get my bear tag for next fall if it would be likely to spot bear in the clear cuts eating berries and harvest one in this manner. I am new to hunting bear and find this more appealing than baiting which seems to be about the only other way to harvest a bear in MN due to the thickness of vegetation. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

P.S. I know it is a ways away from next fall but figured I would start doing research beings there is a very good chance I get my tag.

Thanks in advance!

My thoughts are that your odds would be just slightly greater than spotting and stalking Bigfoot in Minnesota. I would absolutely love if you proved me wrong and posted some pictures on here, though!! If I wanted to do that kind of bear hunting I’d definitely be heading west. I’m in the same boat. I have a slug of bear points but just can’t get excited to hunt over a bait pile right now.

Haha great comparison, that's what I was thinking as well. I guess once it gets closer to time I will try and do some scouting. I will post my findings in the distant future!

One thing I would like to add that I forgot is there are bears in the area, we have seen a few different bears as we are around the property crossing forestry roads if that changes anything.

Back