New movie on Trophy Hunting

406LIFE

Being released in some theaters soon is a film looking into aspects of mostly African hunting and the conservation of the animals. In the description there is an obvious slant. But I have yet to see it so I'm not ready to give a take on it.

What is important is the audience this is going to be put infront of and the possibility of misinformation. Certainly as others ratchet up the OR campaign to help others see hunting in a positive light, we should be aware of events like this and ready to give an answer for questions that will come.

Here is link to the movie: http://trophy.film.

I hope it does shed a positive light and help some people to become more understanding. But a lot of people are purposefully ignorant and will not change their minds regardless. Will admit that even as a hunter I have a hard time agreeing with "pic whatever animal you want from the menu they offer you" as stated at 0:48 in the trailer

I hope it does shed a positive light and help some people to become more understanding.
Me too, but I'm doubtful. Unfortunately the commercialization of hunting overshadows the positive conservation aspects, thus what is at the forefront is killing wild animals for money. The hunting legacy and the role of the traditional hunter in conservation and wildlife preservation are lost as the widespread illustrations and advertisements show trophy animals "sold" to the hunter. It seems no matter how the professional services of the outfitter are described, the non-hunting public only sees a wild animal "sold" to a heartless trophy hunter who wants something to kill for taxidermy display and to boast about.

Are hunters that stack preference points for historically prime trophy units heartless?..or do they just want a chance at the brass ring 350 bull for the "freezer"...

Are hunters that stack preference points for historically prime trophy units heartless?
No, not at all. Please read the entire post, not just what grabs your attention out of context. I was referring to "the non-hunting public" who view the ads and stories.
Personally I am one of those hunters who "just wants a chance at the brass ring 350 bull for the freezer"!

Last edited:
Off topic but does anyone know when the Meateater Documentary on hunting will be coming out? They showed a promo for it in Bozeman about a year ago but I haven't heard any update since then.

Theres a big difference between building up points and picking an animal out of a pen to shoot. It's like going to a zoo and asking them to release the animal in the parking lot for you to shoot.

Theres a big difference between building up points and picking an animal out of a pen to shoot. It's like going to a zoo and asking them to release the animal in the parking lot for you to shoot.

Is there a point to this statement or are you just stating the obvious off topic? More explanation on your part is needed. Where did anybody bring up canned 'hunts'? Paying to hunt instead of drawing a tag like we do here in most of NA, does not mean its a privately owned or captive animal.

Off topic but does anyone know when the Meateater Documentary on hunting will be coming out? They showed a promo for it in Bozeman about a year ago but I haven't heard any update since then.

Or the next season of the show for that matter... last episode was over a year ago.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmich05
Back