Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Callin' Black bears in Colorado

Jacobcd

I'm trying to figure out a black bear hunt in co. I'm trying to see if i can get some info form some of you bad ass hunters on the topic of calling bears. I personally have never called bears before (on purpose) and was wondering if ya'll have any tips and tactics as in where to start, what to look for, along with tactics. Do I hunt like coyotes or is it different all together? hit me with your knowledge I think calling is an overlooked method of take especially for fall seasons.

Its not like coyotes. Bear take longer to come in compared to yotes, at least in my experience. I call bears in all the time, that is my preferred method. You do need to watch your wind like you would yotes though. Ive had bears come in under 5 minutes, but I have had them take over an hour too.

Its not like coyotes. Bear take longer to come in compared to yotes, at least in my experience. I call bears in all the time, that is my preferred method. You do need to watch your wind like you would yotes though. Ive had bears come in under 5 minutes, but I have had them take over an hour too.
Right on thanks bud!

The other thing I have noticed is that bears stop coming in when you stop calling and they get bored pretty quickly so I don't take big breaks in the middle of calling sets, call almost continuously.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ElknTrout
Back