Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

3 points for Wyoming and 3 for Colorado

Oneye

I have 3 points for deer and pronghorn in Wyoming and 3 points for deer in Colorado. I want to do one next year and would like to start thinking about it now. I would like to do rifle season for any of them. I’m just wondering what the best option would be to go try next year? And what points would be better off in saving?

3 Points on WY pronghorn will get you into a lot of great units and most of the state outside of the red desert units. I think that is a great point to burn Wyoming antelope points. I have 5 WY antelope PP's and feel like I'm in no man's land between going every few years to better units than the 2nd choice hunts I've done and near max point red desert units.

I think you can still draw region G&H in Wyoming.A few 3rd season hunts can be drawn with your Co points.But if you want a real big muley,save the Co. points and keep building.I'd use up the Wyoming points first

I'll second mixedbag, there's some sleeper units in Wyo with those points for both muley and antelope. You could put yourself into solid hunting in a single region with those points for both as well as elk on a general tag and make it a helluva trip. I'd save those CO points.

If you go with a region G tag,get yourself in the best shape possible.That will be a treeline deer hunt mid-Sept.Some big deer come out of there and H every year.Big Horn region you could draw as well

I'd hunt Colorado immediately. There is zero reason to hold those points when you could be chasing giant deer down there with 0-1 points. You won't draw wyo region G with your points unless you get lucky in the draw. Colorado is a state that needs to be hunted as often as possible...

Back