The Young Man's Way

Very nice story and pics! Congrats on the elk and thank you for being the kind of public land hunter/ambassador that we should all strive to be! All the best to you and Lovie in the future.

Well done. Great write up. Good people. Thank you for sharing.

Thank you for a great write up!
You are a good man and it shows.
Tell Lovie to get in touch with some of us on here. He is worthy of every inch of consideration in a hunt partner & a good person to be helped.
Hank

Someone posted a thread a while ago about the dos and don'ts of taking and posting pictures. You know, his pet peeves. I love good photography and all, but I don't have the want to take pictures myself. Kind of a "who needs pictures with a memory like mine", though the older I get, the more I wish I had pictures to reminisce over, no matter how good or bad they are.

Anywho, my point in that little ramble, is I do consider myself a fairly decent writer and I love a good narrative and I really appreciate when someone can write well and tell a good story. You, my friend, told an excellent tale and I was honestly disappointed that it came to an end. You can let your buddy Lovie know, that was my biggest problem with your tale. He decided to call it a hunt and that means I have no more story to read. WTH...Ha ha. I really do understand that calling a hunt quits is one of the hardest things to do, and you will always second guess yourself for weeks after you get back.

Great write up and story. Congrats on the bull and showing Lovie something new. Seems like he's more than capable.

probably one of the best if not the best story I have read on this site, well done my friend. I can't wait for the 2018 story when Lovie gets his first elk.

Well Done!! - the hunt, the story, and the mentoring.
Can't wait to hear what is next in store for you and/or Lovie...
You both are great men and very blessed and, I'm certain, an inspiration to any that meet you.
Thank you.

Thanks to all for the kind words although I'm not sure I deserve some of them. Lovie and I are both average guys with good and bad points for sure.

I forgot to mention another llama thing that I'll add when I get a chance.

HD

Your story was like a great book, I couldn't stop reading it until I was finished!! Didn't take phone calls until I was done. Congrats and thanks for sharing.

Back