Huge shout out to Vortex Optics

chuck0724

Few months ago I purchased a set of 15x56 kaibabs from a guy ..2 weeks ago I bought a new tripod and was setting it up in the back yard set the binos down on the patio table and went in to get some stuff well when I came back out my lab was just as in love with them as I was...called Vortex told the guy what happened he said no problem send them in.. The eye pieces and focus wheel were pretty much destroyed but the body just had a few teeth marks warranty clearly says they only replace what affects the product not cosmetic so I figured I would get the same pair back with some new parts...got them yesterday open the box and was shocked to find a brand new sealed pair with new case,strap,tri pod mount stickers everything!!! The hole proccess took 11 days with shipping both ways and Vortex pays the shipping back to u..I can't say enough how awesome the process was it was clearly my fault I was not the original owner and Vortex didn't even blink an eye to send out a brand new pair of 1200 dollar binos...Awesome company!!! They make a great product and truly stand behind it.

Just got my 10 x 32 Talon HD binoculars back yesterday. They had a rough ride to elk camp this year and were "unrepairable" ... so they sent a new pair, all in about 10-11 days.

Ya think they just got a long term customer? You bet they did.

O have been a customer foe 5 years. I have absolutely nothing negative to say about them. Always, always get another person when I call. Knowledgeable help, great prosucts.

I have no Vortex products, but good stories to hear.

Good stories about Vortex warranties are pretty much the norm. And their Lifetime warranty on their rangefinders is great news. Leupold's warranty on electronics is something like one year if I remember correctly. Looks like a Vortex rangefinder is on my Christmas list!

Not using the warranty would be a good story. I bought one Vortex product. It was broken, brand new in the box. Never again. mtmuley

Not using the warranty would be a good story. I bought one Vortex product. It was broken, brand new in the box. Never again. mtmuley

That seems to be a pretty frivoulous reason to not use a whole brand. There are numerous reason something like that could happen.

I echo everything that is being said about how great it is to work with their customer service. Two years ago I managed to damage the scope (1 - Vortex Viper and 1 - Leupold Gold Ring) on both my hunting rifles. I sent them in the same time. Leupold was good repairing internals and sending it back, but there was very little communication. I was impressed that Vortex emailed through the process, so I didnt have to call and find out what was happening. . They found that I some how managed to bend the outer tube and sent me a new scope with no questions asked. On top of that I think I got my Vortex replacement a couple of weeks before the Leo.

My experience has been that vortex has a faster turn around and better warranty, but I've had to use the warranty on all 3 items I've purchased. As for the leupold its the best warranty you'll never need. I Like the vortex products but ill stick with leupold.

That seems to be a pretty frivoulous reason to not use a whole brand. There are numerous reason something like that could happen.

Sorry. Not everybody gets the warm fuzzies from a Vortex product. Someone mentioned wanting a Vortex rangefinder. I'd caution them to do some research first. mtmuley

I probably have collected a dozen rifle scopes, binos, spotting scopes and even a vendetta over the last 30 years. I don't know how good their warranty is, never had to use it. I have heard it is excellent. I also like the fact that Leupold gives a tremendous amount back to conservation and supports quality programming like Fresh Tracks.

As for the leupold its the best warranty you'll never need.

So far this is where I am..... I've had trysts with entry level alpha Swaro or Zeiss but Leupold trots out a VX6 and reels me back in.

...and they do help Randy pay the light bill...FWIW.

im unimpressed at how much vortex users need to use the warranty! ridiculous.

I like my vortex stuff. It's a good value for the money, but I've had to use the warranty 3 times now for a pair of binos (focus wheel quit working) and 2 rifle scopes (Viper HS-T scopes, wouldn't track). They are very very easy to work with, which is great, but shit, it'd be nice to not have to use that warranty on 3 out of the 4 vortex products that I own.

As for the leupold its the best warranty you'll never need.

I'm not trying to start a fight but this is simply BS. I don't care what you own, if something happens you will need the warranty. I have owned two Leupold Gold Ring scopes and both have been sent in for warranty work. Don't get me wrong, I will continue to buy their products because I think they are great value, stand behind their products and support conservation. BUT, to say that they are SO superior in construction that they will not need warranty is simply not true.

Last edited:

Everything mtmuley does is "best", it's "science"...

I have 5 Vortex products, never had to use their warranty, but I like hearing good stories about it...

Last edited:
No where in my original post did I say vortex was the best luepold or anyone else was inferior...I own several vortex products and never have had a problem yet but to those who turned the story of my dog eating binos as a reason to bash vortex cause u have never used your warranty get real neither have I except this case where it was clearly by no fault of vortex...We all know there are higher end products but not everyone needs a swaro around there neck to get the job done..This was simply my way of saying thank you to a company that clearly went above and beyond, they could have put a few new parts and I would have been very happy but they went beyond that and in an extremely fast manner so whatever your a fan boy of more power to u I hope they back u and their product as well as Vortex did me...

Everything mtmuley does is "best", it's "science"...

I have 5 Vortex products, never had to use their warranty, but I like hearing good stories about it...

So I should only post about Vortex if I have a feel good story? mtmuley

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infraredice
Back