Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Spotter scope tripods.

old man

Any suggestions on tripods under 100. will only be using a couple weeks a year,for a couple more years.

Maybe head into the Optics forum and search for the word tripod, tons of threads. :)

I went with a Vortex which is close to that price point. They are a little heavier but I like knowing it has a lifetime warranty if I ever break it. Just read the fine print as some of their cheaper models only have a 2yr warranty and not the lifetime.

FYI: you will probably be looking for 2 parts: the tripod and the head. They are not the same. The head will allow it to swivel around, usually a ball joint. Sometimes you can find them integrated. I prefer pistol grip too on my head, makes it easy to manipulate.

Maybe head into the Optics forum and search for the word tripod, tons of threads. :)

It always amazes me how many people don't search the older threads. That being said I am a big fan of Slik tripods. The price is VERY reasonable, are lightweight and durable. I have had one for about 5 years and don't have any complaints. I would love some of the more expensive options (manfrotto or Outdoorsman) but have a hard time justifying paying the same amount of money for a tripod as an out of state hunt.

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dalton14rocks
Back