Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Question answered

Montanaborn

The answer to the question I posed about black legged Moose has been answered. I picked up my Moose from the butcher this week and cooked a package of regular old steaks last night. Hands down it was the best and tenderest wild game I’ve ever ate. Did not have to tenderize or marinate it. Floured and fried in a cast iron skillet until medium rare. The boss lady even ought a new Crockpot today so I can cook a moose roast for Thanksgiving this year and she’s not a big meat eater. Maybe idnative1948 will reply on his Moose chili he fixed.

The chili was a big hit in our house. Both of us wanted to eat two bowls, but thought better... Tonight we tried a package of loin steaks. I peppered them and just a tiny bit of salt and fried up in olive oil and a little slivered onion while fingerling potatoes were baking in the oven. As brother said above, cooked to medium rare and wife ate two of them. Cook up same as venison as far as I am concerned.

We DO NOT have anything to do with the site below. Montanaborn just found it looking for receipes, but some good moose info (on all things *moosie*) if anybody is interested.
http://www.all-about-moose.com

Back