CO GMU 3,4,5,301,441 4th season cow

Wyoelk

Just wondering if there was anyone with experience in these units to bounce some ideas off of. I'm heading up to scout and check the hunting pressure during 3rd season and I already have places to look but I was wondering if anyone that has hunted these units during 4th season could either confirm or deny my plan. PM's are best and thank you in advance for the help.

-Josh

I have spent the last month and a half (hell, most of the summer) in 5. Feel free to PM and I’ll answer what I can, Josh.

Pressure in the OTC season(s) will be heavy...especially in 4.

I hunt 3/4 for rifle elk in 4th. Depending on the weather the elk will be up top in 4, or migrate to the west in 3. Just depends. Get a chip for you GPS and find pockets of public.

Thanks for the words of wisdom fellas, I will pit it to good use next month!

I'm going to 4/441 for 3rd season. So far there's not been any weather to move them out. From local knowledge the biggest part of the migration doesn't normally happen until December. I applied for a cow tag in unit 4 in the draw and didn't draw. Lucky for me 2 weeks ago they had some turned back in so I got the tag I applied for and a point. Now I just have to make use of the tag.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hotdeals
Back