Beau Knows Llamas - Wind River Elk Hunt day-by-day

Big Fin

Administrator
Staff member
You've read bits and pieces about this Wyoming Wind River elk hunt on another thread. We have finally got the day-by-day episodes edited. This should answer a lot of llama questions and probably give cause to ask a few more.

"Bo" might know baseball, but "Beau" knows llamas like nobody I've ever met. (for those of you too young to remember the Nike-Bo Jackson commercials, Google is your friend)

Last edited:
Thanks Randy great video and looking forward for the next. PS you forgot something ! ME

Sorry that filling Matthew's moose tag has distracted me from posting more of this story.

Day 2 here:

Last edited:
This looks like a great hunt as does Matthew's. Looking forward to more moose pics as well, that over the shoulder and in the background photo on Instagram isn't enough.

..."deader than disco, fire drill, chaos, crazy events"....it does happen fast. Enjoyable segment...

Enjoyed tagging along...one of the better shoot (kill) videos I've seen. Cool transport method.

So one question I had was that I've heard that every time llamas cross water they defecate in it, did you experience that as well?

So one question I had was that I've heard that every time llamas cross water they defecate in it, did you experience that as well?

Not every time they cross, but it happens often enough to cause you to wonder why. Beau theorizes that it was an evolutionary mechanism to reduce their scent from predators.

Ive always figured that it was just a weird response, like when everytime I turn on the water to do dishes I have to pee within about 45 seconds. I think its just the running water sound that gets em in the mood. The hiding their scent thing makes more sense.

It's pretty much every time if you dilly-dally for a moment, if you hustle on thru as if you are wearing schnees boots you can minimize this... depends on if you like the folks camped a bit downstream or not.

My guess is if you figured out why they pile their poop in communal piles you would figure out why they poop in water. My reasoning after giving it long hard thought is that llamas are just weird critters, but I put up with it because they carry stuff.

Not every time they cross, but it happens often enough to cause you to wonder why. Beau theorizes that it was an evolutionary mechanism to reduce their scent from predators.

That will make you think twice about not filtering your water.

Nice videos!

What brand/model of tents were you using? The one with a stove appears to be canvas.

Nice videos!

What brand/model of tents were you using? The one with a stove appears to be canvas.

I was wondering the same thing. I think most canvas tent makers have a more compact version for a lighter packing load.

Back