Need help in Idaho Sawtooth Zone

Michael J

Hi everyone! I a bit new new to hunting, and I got lucky enough to get a Sawtooth B tag this year, but I'm snowed out from the spot I had wanted to go. I'm looking for some advice for somewhere else to go poke my nose into in the sawtooth zone. I'm not looking for your very bestest honey-pot, just need a starting point.

I'm young and have some legs, and I'd rather stay away from areas with lots of quad trails, but at this point anything is a start. I do have a canvas tent, and had planned to do a several day camp.

I know this is asking a lot, I'm willing to offer some meat in trade for a successful spot! :)

My buddies have Sawooth B tag's this year. With this weather, some of the elk have moved down and they had luck lower than initial scouting. There are plenty of areas to get away from roads and trails, very large elk zone.

Hop on google earth, cover ground and glass, cover ground and glass. Elk are not hard to spot if they're in your area, even with $150 binos. Look for real fresh sign in the timber, the scat has to be wet and from the past 24 hours, or it means nothing, in my opinion.

Caribou Gear

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infraredice
Back