Hornady 6.5 Creedmoor

txangler

I am wanting to shoot everything from raccoons to large hogs with this round. I do not intend on making shots further than 500 yds. Which round would you select out of the Hornady Superformance SST 129 gr. OR Hornady Precision Hunter EDL-X 143 gr?

I'd go with whichever one shoots most accurately in your rifle. If they're equal, then the ELD-X if hogs are on the docket very often. Welcome to the forum.

My ruger american predator 6.5 cm really likes the 143 eld-x. it's shooting under .5 moa at less than 20 rounds. i need to get out and shoot it more.

I've shot both out of my Ruger American 6.5 and was impressed with both. I ended up going with the 143 eld-x. I think either way you'll be happy.

The Precision Hunter 143 ELD-X shoot best out of my Howa and did not group as well with the superformance line of ammo.....However the American Whitetail shot pretty good.....

My Ruger American Predator prefers 142 gr Accubond LR. I say don't get too married to one brand O bullet. I built loads with Bergers, Hornady and Noslers to discover which my gun likes best.

Is there anybody other than me that consider's 500 yds long range? i keep hearing people talk about the need for a 500 yds cartridge like it was happening on a reg basis.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rimfire45
Back