PEAX Equipment

Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated!

Crossbowguy

I going on vacation with the family to the northern part of the outer banks NC in the last week of April 2018. I was wondering what kind of hunting opportunities are available there during that time, and if anyone could point me in the right direction?

In my first post I miss read the date. You will definitely be close to turkey season depending on your time. That's all that comes to mind for me. I would be on the blue water fishing though too.

The NC turkey season will be in from April 14 through May 12 next spring. However, unless you have some private land arranged its going to be probably 1.5 to 2 hour drive west from the Outer Banks to get to any public land and I think most of the state gamelands in that area will be by 3 day draw pemit only. Off the top of my head I can only think of a couple that aren't draw only and they would be at least a 2 hour drive. Also going on at that time will be the striper fishing season on the Roanoke River. If you're not tied to going DIY some guide services offer combo trips with turkey hunting in the morning and striper fishing in the afternoon.

Here's a link to the NCWRC hunting page.

http://www.ncwildlife.org/Hunting/Hunting-in-North-Carolina

Good luck.

There is no closed season or bag limit. Hunters may use electronic
calls for coyotes and feral swine.
Feral swine may be hunted at night with lights

straight from the website listed above

In Beaufort, Dare, Hyde, Tyrrell, and Washington Counties, which are the closest to where you will be, coyote hunting is regulated and you will need a permit because of the red wolf population which can be purchased from a licensing agent. As for hogs I don't know of any huntable populations on public lands in that part of the state.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmich05
Back