My 2017 Frank Church Wilderness Ram!

AAAHunting

Well, it finally happened. I got lucky and drew a rocky tag for the Frank Church/Middle Fork area! It took 8 years of applications and 8 years of research and planning. After climbing into the unit with family and friends, we found this mature ram on Sept 17th and I decided he needed a ride home back to Southern Utah. I'm so thankful for the blessing I've had to harvest a Rocky Mtn Bighorn ram and to my family for helping making it a reality!

IMG_3881-2.jpg

AAA_IMG_3817.jpg

AAA_IMG_3866.jpg

21558813_10155923457794684_9142242093090307635_n.jpg

AAA_IMG_3915.jpg

meat.jpg

camp2.jpg

snow.jpg

Last edited:
Congratulations on your ram! Those are some great photos and judging from those pics, that looks a might bit steep. What caliber is your rifle and how do you like the Red Rock?

Congratulations on your ram! Those are some great photos and judging from those pics, that looks a might bit steep. What caliber is your rifle and how do you like the Red Rock?

Thank you! This rifle is a 6.5x285 Carbon Lite model from Red Rock Precision. It's very light but feels steady and ready to go when you lay down behind it! I typically use a 28 Nosler from Red Rock and have killed everything from elk to grizzly to coyotes with it, but the weight was a big deal for this once-in-a-lifetime backpack hunt!

Having hunted sheep and goat in 27-2...I see what you did there. No place has tested me like that.

Congrats on a great ram in some big country!

What unit did you hunt?

Some of those canyon walls..... technically you should have your roped up and been anchored. STEEEEEEP!:)

Fantastic adventure

Congratulations on a great looking Ram. I often dream of that country. One of these days I'm gonna have to bite the bullet and head in there.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hotdeals
Back