Wyoming Kast and Blast

3855WIN

https://imgur.com/gallery/szca6

I was fortunate to get good intel from a member of this site and also another member of 24hour. We waited until my sons college fall break to hunt, so there were few other hunters. The goats were skittish due to having been hunted a bit already. In the blowing snow on day two, we found a herd of about 40 feeding in a side pocket. A quarter mile stalk put us on a ridge 220 yards above the herd. My son quickly got on the biggest buck and dropped a 15" trophy. Later in the day, we made a stalk on a large bedded herd. At 200 yards, I got a good backpack rest on a small ridge and dropped my buck as they stood up. I thought he was a bit bigger, but no big deal.
After dropping meat in Casper, we spent a day and a half on the Miracle Mile. The kid did good. He even managed to put me on a few that were rising to the surface. This little boy followed along as soon as he could walk. Now he walks me into the ground and easily outfishes me. As I get older, I realize that every hunt is a gift and I was sure happy to get this one.

Congrats. I can't wait until my son is old enough to join me. Great Father and Son adventure

Awesome trip with your boy.One year I need to bring a fishing rod along.

That is a fantastic trip you gentlemen took to an amazing place.

Those N Platte fish sure look healthy. Congratulations

Wow man that right there looks as close to Heaven as a man with a pulse can get! Super cool!!

I took my son this year and know exactly what you mean about the value of these experiences so beautiful.

Nice going guys!! Fall is a special time in Wyoming, spawning trout and big game hunting. Glad the N Platte paid off.

Congratulations on a successful trip with your son. i have never been on a river with so many large trout. have to fish it again this year when i go back again in two weeks.

Congrats.. We did the same thing but we fished the North Platte and Fremont...

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infraredice
Back