.300 win mag bullet help

If your just shooting deer with it try loading a 165 interloks. 7 deer 7 instant drops for me with that bullet so far

sportman1 here . i use a 165 hornady and it has never failed me . one shot and drop. the bullet shots flat and long and still holds its energy . good luck and shot strait

I have a Sako with the same problem but not as bad. about 3 inc groups, even with Sako ammo which they guaranty 1inc with 5 shots.

My shoots 190 grain black hills ammo and his 300 loves them. He buys them from midway.

Probably a good idea to recheck the rings and bases, the action screws too.
Bad groups are usually ammo trouble.
Wandering bad groups usually means bad something else.
Could be cracked rings, loose or sheared base screws. Or possibly a loose screw in the shooter as well.

After I had a new barrel installed on my .300, I tested lots of ammo. It did not like any of the "premium" ammo I tried. Out of frustration I fired a group of four Winchester Powerpoints 180 gr. I had one hole at 100 yards !! I took a great 5X5 bull elk with that gear last fall.

Tried this load as recommended by my gunsmith (He said it shot in every 300 WM that he had ever shot it through:

180 Nosler Accubond, 75.0g RL-22. This load shoots great for me. On days when I'm shooting good, it shoots down to 0.25 MOA at 100 yds in a gun that I've done a little bit of work to accurize (SP?). I shot a mule deer at 406 yards in Montana 2 weeks ago and the buck dropped where it stood.

I use the 165 Barnes ttsx in my 300 Win. According to Barnes the profile of the bullet is steeper so it fits in the magazine of the 300 better. I load 168 ttsx for my dad's 30-06 mauser and they are a little different. Depending where you live will determine this but I try to stick with the newer extreme powders, I use h4831 with my 165 Barnes and I was well under an inch with little effort. I also tried the new imr 4451 but it didn't shoot quite as well

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stravic
Back