Yeti GOBOX Collection

3 Montana Antelope

OpenCountry

Here's a few pics from the results of this year's antelope hunts. My girlfriend didn't put in with the antelope party I drew with because she was behind on points after becoming a Montana resident. It was her first full year bowhunting and we finally got her tag punched before the opener of rifle antelope. We stalked into where we could set up the decoy on a bachelor group of five bucks and luck would have it the smallest one came in to 20 yards. He came in on my side of the decoy so he ended up at 40 yards when she had a clear shot. We were both extremely excited for her to be able to harvest her first archery animal. She's already been talking about bowhunting them next year so that's a good thing! 2017 Amy Lope.jpg

A buddy made the trek out east to scout a couple days before the antelope opener. We saw a lot of antelope and started making a game plan for the opener. He was hoping for something with some type of character since he's already shot some very nice antelope in the past. Having a rifle tag truly shows the difference between hunting antelope with a bow vs a rifle. I was able to fill my tag on the opening morning with a buck that we watched for a couple days prior to the opener.
2017 Lope.jpg

We found a buck with a little character the day before the opener so we decided to head his way after the morning hunt. We spent the rest of the day searching for a buck that could have ended up anywhere in the county by then and didn't turn him up. We decided to head back the next morning and see what we could pick apart at first light. Luck would have it we spotted his buck traveling with another buck in the same general location that we saw him two days prior. We put the stalk on and he ended up getting a buck with some character.
2017 Cody Lope #1.jpg
2017 Cody Lope #2.jpg

Dang man any pronghorn w/ a bow is a heck of a trophy congrats to your lady friend that’s hard core!

Congrats on several nice bucks too great pics thanks for sharing!!

Back