Caribou Gear

Daughter's Deer Hunt

Love seeing the next hunters hunting.
Talk about owning more bone....that buck has some serious mass.
I know many guys that have quit hunting after shooting anything even remotely close.
Bwana..........that deer looks plenty dead, but is the 7-08 much more gun and recoil than a 243 Win?
I want to buy (1) rifle for my 16 y.o. girl to hunt with?
If my daughter dropped a buck like that one, we would probably be building a new room to showcase it in with a bar and velevet ropes.

Nice that you were beside her during this hunt.
Good deal....10Dogs

Great teamwork! Congrats!! Love seeing all the kids on here lately, especially the ladies. I'm blessed to have daughters that love it also.

Thanks for the kind words all. I will be certain to share them with the huntress.

10dogs- As for the 7mm-08 compared to the .243, no comparison in my books but I haven't honestly looked at them side-by-side.

A few things I know about the little '08:
- It kills deer dead.
- It has very little recoil yet packs a big punch. (I shoot 165 grain Hornadys through my .30-'06, and once you get past 200 yards, the little '08 shooting 139 grain bullets has less drop and more energy from that point on)
- My kids have taken a combined 8 deer with their youth tags (five whitetail does, the two muley bucks, and this whitetail buck) and they all fell to a single shot of the 7-08.
- Whenever my wife fails to draw a deer tag or fills before I do, I take her 7-08
- Did I mention I like this little rifle? ;-)

Wow wow wow wow!!!
What a BEAUTIFUL BUCK!!!!
Congrats to your daughter, please share the mount pictures when it's done!

Was finally able to show my daughter this post last night, thanks to you all for the smile you put on her face!

I don't know how I missed this the first go round, nice buck! Congrats to the young lady.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infraredice
Back