Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Thank you all.

rmauch20

I am leaving this afternoon on my first elk trip and just wanted to say thank you to Randy and everyone on this forum. You guys are wealth of information (mostly good) and are leading people to hunt the right way.

A quick backstory and I need to get busy finalizing my packing. My dad and I had talked about making a trip out west to antelope or elk. Due to failing health that trip never happened and he died in 2002. I kind of lost interest in deer hunting for a year or two after he died, I eventually came to my senses and started hunting again. But up until this point I was a guy making excuses on why I would never go on a trip like this time, money, and lack of knowledge. Forums like this and Rokslide and shows like Randy's and Steven Rinella's gave me the kick in the ass I needed to get out there. Thanks again.

Good luck. I’ve never regretted making the decision to go on a hunting trip, but I’ve regretted the decision not to.

Regret is a horrible feeling and like a grass stain on white clothes. It doesn't wash off easily.

Maybe build a cairn for you dad. Just a way to remember him on your hunt.

Best investment in yourself and sanity in a crazy world! Last year was my first western hunt (elk) and it was as if I had just found the cure for an unknown void in me. Short of my salvation, my wife and son western hunting is the biggest time consumer in my life.......

Thanks for posting that message. Last night I got back from eighteen days on the road. Messages like these are a great reward to me and Mrs. Fin.

On one hunt, me and the guest got to talking about our now-passed fathers. It got me thinking how fun it would have been for my Dad to have had the health to hunt elk. His self-imposed abuse did not make that possible. It makes me thankful for the hunts I now have with my son.

I hope you think about your father on this hunt. I am sure you will have a blast, no matter that outcome. It seems you've come to realize that you can do this, that there are folks, such as our fathers, who never had the health to realize the dreams we are living when we go on these hunts.

I hope a great bull crosses your path. Best of luck.

Yep. There are certainly a lot of good folks on this site ... led by Randy (thank you Mrs. Fin, also). A wealth of great information and advice. Good luck to you and let us know how you did or did not do.

Good luck and Congratulations on taking the first step to enjoy the endless treasures of the Western hunting experiences. I hope you are blessed with a harvest of elk to have the 'icing on the cake'.

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atlasbranch
Back