Yeti GOBOX Collection

First time Pronghorn hunter

NebraskaKID

Last Saturday I had my first taste of pronghorn hunting with my little brother. We had been applying for Nebraska pronghorn tags for the last three years and this year we were lucky enough to draw either sex tags. I have always wanted to hunt these speed goats but have never pulled the trigger on going out of state but I am have a feeling that that will all change in the years to come. Well we hunted from Saturday till Monday morning and each day we managed to find pronghorn. On Sunday morning we glassed up a decent buck but when we made a stock on him he put the slip on us and the rest of the day we could not relocate him. Since I have never hunted pronghorn before I have some pronghorn behavior questions that if anyone could answer I would truly appreciate their input on the subject. First I found the bucks scrape along a fence line from what I have read that pronghorn scrape the ground, urine and defecate they do as like a calling card for doe in the area. My question is typically how large is a mature bucks boundary, do they patrol these boundaries all day or just once day and do they abandon their boundary after the rut has ended?

Back