Wood Stove for Wall Tent

Southern Elk

I have a 14' x 16' wall tent that I would like to get a wood stove for. I have a pipe frame for it and would mostly use it as a base camp. I'm not sure if I would ever pack it in on horses and need one that breaks down for packing, but it would be nice to have that option. So my question is what would you recommend for my setup? Also, what do you have now and do you wish you had something else?

I have The Peak Wood Stove from Davis Tents for our 14x16. It does a good job.

I have a Four Dog wood stove but haven't had an occasion to use it yet. It wouldn't be very packable though. I have heard good things about their stoves though. TBH, I haven't even put it together and did the initial "burn" through it yet :eek:

Cylinder stove here in my Davis and I love it. Have the hot water tank for the side and a warming grate, stove is great. Hot water tank is really nice to have.

If you want the option to pack it on horses you should look at the Riley Stoves, made in Townsend, MT.

I would go with the 4 dog and in the future if you decide to pack in get a smaller stove.

I run a 4 Dog in my wall tent and love it. Another really well made stove is the Kwik Kamp Inferno a couple guys I know have them at their Elk camp and they seem to be really well made.

JM

Four Dog Ultra Light (Titanium). 2 shelves. It's like 11 or 12 lbs. with shelves and pipe that pack inside stove. Awesome stove. Had for probably 6, maybe 7 years now.

Last edited:
I have the Ridge cylinder wood stove from Davis Tent and Awning. it works great and heats my 15x18 wall tent nicely

I'll second LWC55 and the Peak from Davis Tent. The first stove has too small a fire box. I use the stove in a 14X16 Davis tent. The Peak comes with a coal grate and a large firebox. We had to open windows a few times as the tent interior got up to 100 degrees in weather down to 6 degrees F.
Four Dog stoves have a good reputation as well.

30 gallon home barrell stove

I have made several of these 30 gallon home barrel stoves, I did add a damper in the stove pipe also. You can convert the stove from 6 inch to 4 inch with a reducer. I also have made them out of 30 pound old propane tanks, (these work great). The pipe and the legs come off and fit the stove.

Attachments

• stove 1.jpg
    stove 1.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 437
  • stove 2.jpg
    stove 2.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 377
  • stove 3.JPG
    stove 3.JPG
    153.7 KB · Views: 386
  • stove 4.JPG
    stove 4.JPG
    155 KB · Views: 370
Last edited:
We used a four dog for the first time this year for second rifle in CO. We were very happy with its size, warmth and performance. Ours is the smaller 2 dog and we have a 12’x14’ tent. The larger size would probably make it easier to last throughout the night but once we got the hang of it we didn’t have any problems with the smaller size.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shed God
Back