Caribou Gear

Mule Deer Behavior

smw110136

It's that time of year when many hunters are in the woods pursuing game. I am headed out this weekend myself to try to find a mule deer buck. Wanted to see if there was any feedback from anyone who has been in the field the last week to ten days on what they are seeing for mule deer behavior. I realize it varies from state to state and even mountain range to mountain range, but I was just curious if any one out in the field pursuing elk or deer are starting to see mature bucks showing up more frequently during daylight hours as the rut gets closer and closer. Any observations from guys and gals that have been in the field would be appreciated. Hoping some field observations will help me locate some game this weekend. Any feedback is appreciated. Good luck to all in the field!

Just spent two days looking for elk in prime big buck country here in Colorado and didn't even see one while driving at night. Lots of does. Hope I do better at finding one this weekend.

I am assuming with second rifle elk and deer starting this weekend it will probably push some game around as well. Maybe see some deer come out of bedding areas in the daylight that a hunter normally wouldn't see if they were left undisturbed.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mfrosty6
Back