Hello from Alberta

Heronfish

I found randy Newberg on YouTube this year and it's been quite the change for me. I had given up on our hunting tv until I found him.

Now I'm looking to see new scenery in the states and hunt the right way like he does.

Thankfully I have no found this forum and have been lurking reading all the informative threads.

Still very confused about the roads system in the states. We have a road allowance system that allows travel every mile on the prairie and an extensive road system on crowd land that anyone can travel.

Welcome!! Glad you found the forum and I am sure you will like it. What kinds of questions do you have about the roads? Are you talking about access through private land?

Welcome!! Glad you found the forum and I am sure you will like it. What kinds of questions do you have about the roads? Are you talking about access through private land?

As a Canadian, not being able to access property is just so odd.
Here on the prairie of Alberta, there is a road allowance every two miles north and south and every mile doing east and west. That way every quarter section is accessible. A very different way of doing things. This system exists across much of the southern and central parts of Alberta.

I do want to see the tall sage brush. Potentially take a sage grouse and another pronghorn.

We do have a LOT of public land out west here with access all over. With your access, does that allow you to hunt on others private land?
As a Canadian, not being able to access property is just so odd.
Here on the prairie of Alberta, there is a road allowance every two miles north and south and every mile doing east and west. That way every quarter section is accessible. A very different way of doing things. This system exists across much of the southern and central parts of Alberta.

I do want to see the tall sage brush. Potentially take a sage grouse and another pronghorn.

We do have a LOT of public land out west here with access all over. With your access, does that allow you to hunt on others private land?

In Saskatchewan any unposted land is huntable.
Alberta requires permission.

Luckily access is pretty easy to get if you just ask.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back