PEAX Equipment

Cabelas sale

pointingdogsrule

Just received a Cabelas flyer in the mail yesterday. There are some fantastic sale items.... especially on clothing. up to 75% off. A burris scope $200.00 off. Good deals on shoes. I called my local Cabelas and asked why the steep reduction in $$. She stated "with the merger of companies we are trying to consolidate brands and getting rid of other brands".

Might be worth checking out.

good luck to all
the dog

When bass pro gets done with Cabela's it will not be worth a second look.

Sadly I believe you are correct. Their customer service is certainly not what it used to be. The selection is already changing for the worse at th Cabelas near me. And in my opinion their rewards program has already changed and not for the better.

I received a "Bargain Cave" flyer yesterday. Had some pretty good deals in it but I tried to look up reviews on a couple of items and couldn't find them on the website. I'm assuming that is because there is limited quantities available as they consolidate.

And in my opinion their rewards program has already changed and not for the better.

I have both a BP and Cabelas credit cards; the only reason being their rewards programs. I pretty much stopped using the BP card once we got a Cabelas within reasonable driving distance. Now I exclusively use my Amazon card. Way better points program (5% on amazon purchases) on top of products that are always priced lower on Amazon to begin with.

You guys r bumming me out. I know Cabelas can at times b more expensive however the closeness of the store and selection r nice. Sad to hear the bad feelings about bass pro.

Long time Cabelas guy here. I use my credit card with my business and rack up nice rebates. All that said, I feel Cabelas has been a shell of the former company with constant stock outages, marginal discounts, and difficulty with online promotions. Throw in expensive shipping and anyone starts to say wth?

Hopefully the top brass has a great intergration plan that will bring out the best of both companies.

imo bass pro is a store geared specifically toward whitetail deer hunters and fisherman. the few times ive gone there i left wondering why i went there in the first place. now theyre going to ruin cabelas.

imo bass pro is a store geared specifically toward whitetail deer hunters and fisherman. the few times ive gone there i left wondering why i went there in the first place. now theyre going to ruin cabelas.

Entirely possible, but for the moment I will hold out optimism that they will use their purchase of cabelas to build capabilities in other areas such as western hunting.

Long time Cabelas guy here. I use my credit card with my business and rack up nice rebates. All that said, I feel Cabelas has been a shell of the former company with constant stock outages, marginal discounts, and difficulty with online promotions. Throw in expensive shipping and anyone starts to say wth?

Hopefully the top brass has a great intergration plan that will bring out the best of both companies.
x2 checked on 5 items tonight on sale flyer-out of stock on 4 of them

Here's my latest and, hopefully, last conversation with the Mitchell, SD store.
Me: I got a flyer in the mail and I see you are having a sale on generators.
Cabelas: Yes
Me: I would like model # xxxxxxx generator.
Cabelas:Sorry, the sale is only on in-stock generators
Me: Ok, which ones are in stock?
Cabelas: Let me check, hmmm, seems we are out of stock on all generators.
Me:(click)

Cabelas gift cards are on sale on eBay right now from PPD (an authorized gift card outlet). $100 gift card for $85. Not bad but I've seen better. Since its a GC you can stack with any sales or whatever to save even more.

Thanks for the heads up. I scored some Merino wool base layer yesterday.

I was too slow in pulling the trigger on my size in Icebreaker merino tops. Put them in my cart, kept shopping and then at check out, it tells me it is now out of stock. Good on you whoever gets my XL's. You ratfink!!!!:eek:

I was too slow in pulling the trigger on my size in Icebreaker merino tops. Put them in my cart, kept shopping and then at check out, it tells me it is now out of stock. Good on you whoever gets my XL's. You ratfink!!!!:eek:

Sorry about that! :)
I was puttering on the interwebs last night looking at different merino wool offerings and the Cabelas Instinct/Icebreaker thermal zone stuff popped up for like $20 per piece marked down from $150ish per piece. I've always worn synthetics but since joining here I've read and heard a LOT about merino wool...I jumped on a couple of each for that price. I have no clue if the stuff is any good but figured it was worth finding out!

I’ve mever really liked Basspro, Cabelas has been where I’ve done quite a bit of shopping over the last few years. Lately I’ve been ordering from Black Ovis the things I can get. I sure hope Cabelas can remain somewhat itself, but it appears it isn’t.

Sadly I believe you are correct. Their customer service is certainly not what it used to be. The selection is already changing for the worse at th Cabelas near me. And in my opinion their rewards program has already changed and not for the better.

Maybe I should read my bill closer, but I don't see any change having taken affect?

And anyone who deals with retailers knows that you get mailers for sales and they are all(the retailers) out of stock an a large number of items. See it all the time.

Back