Bitzenburger Jig

NYSKIER

Looking to pick up a new fletching jig. Heard good things about the bitzenburger. Only question I have is is are you able to fletch both offset and helical with a right helical bitzenbruger jig or do you need a straight clamp as well?

Thanks in advance!

Thanks elkhunter. I'm assuming a straight and a right fletch. My other question would be will the right helical not really work on blazers? I have read that on a couple of boards and wanted to know.

You can get Blazers to fletch Helical or straight or straight/offset on a bitz. Just make sure the base of the vane is getting good contact with the shaft the entire length and width of the vane.

You can get Blazers to fletch Helical or straight or straight/offset on a bitz. Just make sure the base of the vane is getting good contact with the shaft the entire length and width of the vane.

Ok that is what I've read so it's safe to say I would need two clamps them?

Two clamps if you want to do the helical.

I've just got a straight clamp. I didn't notice much different in offset/straight with Blazer vanes. I've switched to AAE Max vanes the last couple of years and get better broadhead consistency (fixed blades).

If I do a 3 fletch with AAE Max, then I do some offset. 4 vanes I just fletch straight. For me, I've found that 3 vanes with some offset work great for fixed blades that are 2 blade with small bleeders (Solids, IronWill, etc). If I go to more blades (Montec, SlickTricks) then I need 4 vanes.

Two clamps if you want to do the helical.

I've just got a straight clamp. I didn't notice much different in offset/straight with Blazer vanes. I've switched to AAE Max vanes the last couple of years and get better broadhead consistency (fixed blades).

If I do a 3 fletch with AAE Max, then I do some offset. 4 vanes I just fletch straight. For me, I've found that 3 vanes with some offset work great for fixed blades that are 2 blade with small bleeders (Solids, IronWill, etc). If I go to more blades (Montec, SlickTricks) then I need 4 vanes.

I shoot slick tricks I'm think of just going with the straight/offset for now and I'll play with some helical next summer

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmich05
Back