MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Moose question for the ‘experts’

Montanaborn

So after I shot my Shiras Moose idnative1948 and I were talking to a cousin that had gotten her moose a couple of years ago in the same area. She mentioned that her bull was ‘buckskin legged’; mine had black legs. She said that the moose with buckskin legs were tenderer than ones with black legs. Has anyone else heard of this? She’s a long time country girl/rancher and has ate her fair amount of moose so I was just wondering if there is any truth to her comment.

I am not a expert..but my daughter shot this one and it was tough as leather.. butcher said some are tough and some are not. We turned a lot of it in to cube steak.. which made amazing CFS..IMG_2797 (3).jpg

I have never heard that before think it has more to do with age of the animal. The GF shot a 55.5" bull in 2015 and he is tough. No chomping through the grissle on his steaks its over 1/4" thick. I shot a 45" in 2013 and he was just at the point where he was starting to get tough

I have never heard that before think it has more to do with age of the animal. The GF shot a 55.5" bull in 2015 and he is tough. No chomping through the grissle on his steaks its over 1/4" thick. I shot a 45" in 2013 and he was just at the point where he was starting to get tough

I’ll let you know how mine turns out after I get it back from the butcher. My bull’s testicles hadn’t even quite ‘dropped’ yet. I found that kind of strange.

The young bull, my son shot this year, has been very tender and very good eating. I have given out several steaks and packages of hamburger to friends and we have heard nothing but good in regards to taste and tenderness of the meat.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mfrosty6
Back