Caribou Gear Tarp

Colorado Point Only Option

Elite7

Good Morning!

I am looking at starting to earn some points for the wife and I in Colorado. I understand that I can use the point only code as my first choice and that would garentee me a point. It looks like the cost would be the preference point + application fee + habitat stamp. The application brochure mentions that you must pay the full cost of a license to recieve the preference point and they would refund the money minus the preference point, application fee, and habitat stamp cost.

I am having a hard time understanding why they would require you to pay the full tag cost ($641.00 Elk) if you only list the preference point as the first and only option? Perhaps I am reading this wrong?

Any insight would be appreciated!

You are reading it correctly, but you only are charged the price of a cow tag instead of a bull tag. They like having your money for a few months. They definitely never seem to be in a hurry to send it back to you.

I appreciate the response NoWiser. I figured it was going to be the price to play the game.

I think it helps mitigate point creep some by doing it that way. Don't forget that if you do not buy a license this year you will end up paying $40 bucks (I think ) for each species you get a point for. So if you plan on getting a deer, elk, and antelope point next year, you would save yourself some money buying a fishing license this year. If you had a tag this year though you are covered. I hoped that makes sense.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atlasbranch
Back