Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

help needed.

old man

Really screwed up by not researching my Antelope unit. I have Wyo. unit 29 type 7 tag and fond out i can only hunt a very small portion of the unit, which is 95% private and only about 20% of the public land is accessible.the piece that is accessible even has Hy way 25 running thru it. my Questions are this. Dose anyone know of any land owner that might let me harvest an antelope on there property or let me trespass to a piece of public land.also does anyone know if i have any chance in hell to harvest an Antelope on that piece of public land.

Last edited:
I hunted unit 29 a few weeks ago, I did hunt private land so I can't help you there. But with as many antelope as I saw while in the unit I don't think you will have an issue harvesting a buck there. My advice would be to get onXmaps and find the accessible public land areas and get to glassing, or drive the 2 tracks. It may take covering some ground but I would think you could find multiple herds and bucks to chose from.

do have on x and almost no public land.south and west of rt 25 which is the only portion good for type 7 tag.

Look for a trespass fee rancher? Stop and do some knocking on doors.

Riverside Park in Douglas looks like it's got a public launch. You could canoe south on the North Platte until it hits the small section of BLM land. Looks like there might be some antelope there based on satellite images and proximity to water.

In reality I'd probably just eat the $35 tag cost and not bother. A trespass fee to shoot a WY doe antelope on a poorly researched tag just seems like throwing good money after bad.

If for some reason you are intent on filling that tag, WAGONHOUND LAND-LIVESTOCK LLC is who you want to try and get permission from. They own all the land from Irvine Rd up to the section of BLM that is along the river.

http://www.wagonhound.com/contact/maincontact.html

Judging from they're website you're likely SOL.

Last edited:
My hunting partner and I had private land tags for a different unit and were in the same boat as you. We called the chamber of commerce for the county our hunt unit was located in and got a number for a landowner. We ended up filling our 7 doe tags in 2 days.

Thank you people for your advise. I have been assured i would have no problem filling my tag in that small piece of public land.

Back