16 1/4" idaho

Wyhunter

As some of you may have seen my previous post... I tagged out opening morning with a 13 1/2" lope. My buddy had a little more patience than I, and he got an absolute monster! Over all pretty successful weekend, I tagged a 2x4 the first day, and we humped this like out about 2 miles!18797.jpg20171014_122703.jpg20171016_090123.jpg

Nice! Congrats, is it me or is that antelope missing some good size clumps of hair? Also were you carrying that antelope out on your back, looks like you have blood on the back of your shirt?

Haha! We took turns carrying it on our shoulders and then started dragging him once we got tired. It was a little over 2 miles from the road in some pretty rocky area. I wanted to quarter him out, but my buddy wanted him whole for pictures... that makes him an ass, but I'm a good friend!

They make cameras that fit on your phone or in you pack , for pics at the kill site.
Then one guy could pack it out easy.
Just sayin' ....
Lol

Congrats on filling th tags! That pronghorn is a dandy.

They make cameras that fit on your phone or in you pack , for pics at the kill site.
Then one guy could pack it out easy.
Just sayin' ....
Lol
Heck, I'd rather walk back for the camera then pack the deer out he carrying/dragging one that far. And I'm lazy enough I hunt with my big pack on to avoid having to walk back for a hauler.

Nice antelope, but please take a cam with you next time and get some awesome photos you'd be proud of, still a very nice antelope, congrats.

Nice bucks for both of you! Finally gonna start applying for pronghorn here in Idaho, that's one of my dream animals to hunt.

Haha! We took turns carrying it on our shoulders and then started dragging him once we got tired. It was a little over 2 miles from the road in some pretty rocky area. I wanted to quarter him out, but my buddy wanted him whole for pictures... that makes him an ass, but I'm a good friend!

Should be fun when you get an elk down that he wants carried to the truck....whole. Sometimes you have to "boop" a buddy on the nose and reset the conversation. If want pictures of a whole critter, carry the camera or hike back to get. Carrying the unneeded bits for 2 miles is likely no faster than if he jogged back to get the camera and is easy to fall when carrying stuff as a team. Boop. Congrats on a nice adventure and glad everything worked out for both of you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atlasbranch
Back