Tminus 5 days who's excited

We are leaving at 5am Thursday morning. SFCB - I'll be fairly close to you. Setting up camp, cutting wood, glassing, then Friday afternoon we will hit the Colorado River for some fishing. I am so checked out. I have a job interview tomorrow, but just can't wait to pack.

Trucks and trailer are loaded, going to leave in an hour or so after I tuck the kids in. 1700 miles and a few coffee stops should put us there late tomorrow evening. Wonder what I forgot to pack?

Had a 100 head jump the fence 10-50 yards away and walk right thru the public on Sunday.. the big 7 stuck his head over the fence 10 yards away then turned and walked 100 yards down the fence and jumped.. I had already let 3 6 points walk by because I saw him coming and assumed he would jump where the others did.. Next his whore lead cow started barking and the gig was up.. I will be there on Saturday with a few friends.. told everyone I would pay 200 bucks to whoever shoots that lead cow.. damn thing has busted me at least 10 times over the last two years. Hopefully the big 7 will meet the big 7 mm, but more likely we will just be dodging bullets.. put the orange on heavy boys..it gets crazier every year.

We are packed and ready except the groceries. Heading out wed after work . Plan on scouting Thur and Friday then hunting for a week and back to reality for work good luck everyone.

Leaving IN tomorrow afternoon. Going to take my time on the 1,000+ mile trip since I am doing it alone. Starting up the trail on Thursday after hooking up with the rest of the group. I have high hopes tempered with realism. Can't wait to see sunrise on Saturday morning.

I'm leaving Friday Morning and will have camp set up for five days. We plan on shooting two elk opening morning at 7:22, and spend the next fours days packing two elk back to the truck. Its nice to have a plan!
Good luck out there, be safe, and be thankful we can hunt these beautiful animals in an amazing country.

Don't choot em all boys. I wont be out til the 15th of Nov. I have a bull and both boys have cows. Will be living vicariously through yall til then.

Flying to NM in the morning.. 2 days of scouting before opener. Then hopeully heavy packs and sore backs!!!!!!!! Freeeeeedoooom

Not to put a damper on things.......... but I have to say im a little less jacked up now since looking at the updated forecast for the weekend for much of Montana especially central and west and higher elevations, big chance of rain/snow Friday and again sunday ..... and lots of wind all weekend.

Not to put a damper on things.......... but I have to say im a little less jacked up now since looking at the updated forecast for the weekend for much of Montana especially central and west and higher elevations, big chance of rain/snow Friday and again sunday ..... and lots of wind all weekend.

"Bring a sweater!"

:)

temp looks warmish ... depending on area, not real cold ... rain is a pain in the ars

Leaving in the morning. I have been a clock watcher all afternoon... Hurry up!!!! Wish we would have a little snow. Looks like mid 50's all 2nd season week.

Well I'm officially on the road . Staying with a friend along the way and will be in montana by mid afternoon tomorrow . Let the games begin . Everyone stay safe and have fun

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infraredice
Back