Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

North Idaho Nocturnal Whitetail

JWhunter

Hello,

I hoper everyones season is going well. I have hit a road bump and need some advice I have about 4 nice big 4's and one five on my trail cam but, with all the shooting they have seemed to become nocturnal any advice on hunting nocturnal bucks I can't hunt them in where they bed it's too thick it's full of underbrush and I'd never get a shot.

Thanks

JW

I'm thinking about putting cams out again letting them set for a week and then checking them? see if i can re pattern the bucks

Hunt as much as you can and hope he makes a mistake in the rut. A nocturnal buck is a tough animal to hunt that's for sure.

Just because you don't see them, don't assume they are nocturnal. If they truely are nocturnal they only way to get them is to make them move. They might not move much during the day but they do move; get close...but not too close, that's the challenge.

I'll bet anything they are moving in the daylight. Your camera is fooling you in the sense that they only go by that spot in the dark. I ran into this last year then found the same bucks moving in the daylight a mile away. I was positive they were nocturnal and really their pattern just changed. So either move or wait for the rut and stay out of there is my two cents.

wait till November..pretty tough to kill mature whitetails in October.. prolly the hardest month of them all to do so.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atlasbranch
Back