Caribou Gear

I just cant get enough hunting

sportsman1

Hello from Michigan.
sportsman1 here i just cant get enough hunting in . i got back from colorado bow hunting in september and already i want to go back , See i lived there for 20 years chasing Elk and harvesting my share, had to move back to my home state of Mi because of the economy crash in 08, traverse city is where i reside now, even thou i was out in Co for two weeks it just was not long enough, I do white tail hunt and some success with a 6 point buck with my bow, i feel so restricted in Mi with my hunting capabilities , just so many people and very rude hunters here , brings back memories of hunting here, everyone wants to shoot the big buck and will do anything to get one, even crowed around my property because they think that is where the big ones are . well i have news for them most of the nice mature Bucks that i have harvested where on public land in the nastiest spot i could find, I like to go where other people wont go swamps and old timber cuts,

There so many seasons of hunting in Colorado muleys, Elk over the counter tags for archery and rifle .there are a few draw areas , a person can hunt bull in one season and cow in another , believe it or not they have real nice white tail in colorado i will not tell you where, you have to find it on your own, lol no pun, but here in Mi just white tail and thank God they have point restrictions now since i have moved back because every one prides them self's on shooting a buck even if it is a spike horn , and they wonder why there are not any big bucks, luckly they do offer a combo tag with consist of two tags and and both are good for archery and rifle ,you choose witch you will hunt and you can hunt both ,

It is raining today and windy ,perfect for me i will go out to scout and do a little hunting no one will be out there because they think the deer go inside when its raining haha . I killed my biggest bull in the rain and sleet and a nine point buck in the same type of weather, No fear, I just like to be out there in the elements hunting . get out there and enjoy mother nature , you can always get back to camp/home and warm up for another hunt , God bless and shoot strait good luck everyone

Saw the title of your post. Same here. Finally took a break this past weekend. that made the wife happy. then i went duck hunting this evening.

Welcome! I'm glad you are here. I'm excited for 2nd season here in Colorado. I'm glad you like the state. Hope to chat more. Happy hunting!

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back