Delicious

Swimmer

My two sons and son in law and I hunted area 43 - first antelope hunt. We were all successful. Just had my first taste of antelope - back-strap off the grill. It was tender and delicious! Read where some said it tasted like sage (and worse), but not ours. We Iowa guys had a great time and love the Wyoming scenery.

My two sons and son in law and I hunted area 43 - first antelope hunt. We were all successful. Just had my first taste of antelope - back-strap off the grill. It was tender and delicious! Read where some said it tasted like sage (and worse), but not ours. We Iowa guys had a great time and love the Wyoming scenery.

We were advised to get them boned out in coolers quickly when we went out 4 seasons ago and we thought the antelope was much better tasting than the whitetails we shoot here in Iowa. Swimmer did you see alot of antelope on your hunt?

Yesterday I cut up the antelope I shot. Mid way thru the job I just had to fire up the grill and try cooking some. I used the same cooking method that I usually use for white-tailed deer just to have a true comparison. I was not disappointed at all with the way it turned out. I can see many great meals in the future.

We saw 100's of antelope! But, they ran when we were within 500 yds - we still all got our speed goat. I had a 170 yd shot, one son a 62 yd shot.

GOHUNT Insider

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tinhunter
Back