AZ Hunters ED

HighDesertSage

Could somebody please explain to me how this process works? I wanted to try and do this this winter, but I want to make sure I am taking the right course. Did you guys take the one online and just do the day course? Thank you!

You have to register on their website, take the online course and then sign up for a field day. Here is the link if you don't have it: https://www.azgfd.com/Education/Hunting/

Go down to the "Bonus point field test" part.

The online course takes at least a couple hours, maybe longer IIRC. Also, once you complete the online test, I think you have to do the field test within either 30, 60 or 90 days. Can't quite remember. I know, I'm real helpful....

I think you need to do the actual bonus point field day one. I think the other ones are for people who are completing hunter safety for the first time and thus their course is longer. The bonus point field day is only 1 hour long versus 4 for the other ones.

And yes, you get a point for all species. Now I have 1 point for javelina. Woohoo!

Ok, this really helps. I think I got it now. One more question, if I do a course in January, will I have my bonus point in time for the Elk/Antelope draw? How long does it take for everything to process?

Ok, this really helps. I think I got it now. One more question, if I do a course in January, will I have my bonus point in time for the Elk/Antelope draw? How long does it take for everything to process?

That I'm not sure of. I took the course in May and the guy thought that it would get processed in time for the deer and sheep draw. That didn't happen though and I think it was damn near 3 months before my point showed up.

Also, I found my certificate and the online test results are good for 90 days.

If you are a Non Resident, take the Supplemental Course the first Saturday in January.
It's a one day class, NO field day
Non Resident ONLY (it's a rules class not gun safety)
You must have taken hunter ed from another state since 1980 (it's a rules class)

If you take the January Class, you WILL have your new point in place for the Elk Draw. (test results are hand delivered to ensure this)

Take the class, I drew the next year (2013) and am back up to 6.

///////////////

Fellow sportsmen:

I was just notified that the application to conduct a one day NR supplemental Hunter Education class here in Kingman has been APPROVED!

The date is January 6th, 2018 and will be held at the Mohave Sportsman Club's 7 Mile Hill Range, which is just outside of Kingman, AZ.

This will be a one day class.

It is open to any non-resident (or resident) who has taken Hunter Education in another state since 1980. You must FAX or email me a copy of your Hunter Ed card to be able to take the class.

No one under 14 years old can take the class without Chief instructor's (me) approval.

Class is limited to the first 30 that sign up.

You must register online with the AZGFD; go to the Hunter Education section on the AZGFD website, and look for the January 6 class.

Cost is $8 and I'll be looking for a local motel with a small discount for those coming in on Friday.

My FAX number is 928-681-2838 and cell number is 928-303-9481.

Don Martin
Chief Instructor
Region 3

Last edited:
Don’t mess around with bonus point field days and all that nonsense. Take Don’s class and be done with it. I did it this past April and it was very well run. We had a small class and got out of there a few hours early. It was fun to BS with other hunters from around the country and swap stories. They do a good job to make it as painless as possible.

Dang I have been looking these over and want to go but I'm really hesitant on booking a flight in January as I would have to fly out of Ohare...........

Bummer. I would like to figure out how to get out there but it’s an investment in time and $$.

Back