Baby girl's first speed goat!

Elkwhisper

High school soccer had us in Great Falls for opening day of antelope season this year, but we made it home just before dark, and I had just enough time to go check on the buck I had been "saving" for Cassidy all archery season. I have been watching / hunting this buck since July, because he and his girlfriend's live so close to my house. They spent their time in a giant wheat field that was about half public and half private. Luckily when I checked in on them Saturday night, it looked like they had spent the day on the private side and went undisturbed.

Sunday morning, as luck would have it, they were on the public side if the field. Cassidy and I made a great 3/4 mile stalk, crawled to the top ad a small hill in the field and she made an absolute 10 ring shot from 289 yards. She was pretty happy with her first pronghorn, and I was over the moon proud of her. She did a great job of helping me bone him out and pack him back to the truck.

For sure my favorite day so far this year!

Attachments

• 20171008_125738.jpg
    20171008_125738.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 462
Congrats to her! Sounds like a great day for both of you. Great pic as well.

Judging from that smile I'd say she's hooked on antelope hunting, congrats! Great buck and photo too. If you don't mind, what are the details on the rifle?

+1 ... Like. Great hunt ... great memories. Congrats to you and Cassidy.

I never get tired of seeing a kid's smile. Nice pronghorn.

Nothing beats a picture with a smiling young hunter with their big game animal. Congratulations to your daughter. Looks like she is hooked.

Thanks guys.... rifle is a Christensen Ridgeline, with a Sig Whiskey 5 3-15x42mm. Cassidy was actually the first one to draw blood with it.... but it didnt take me long to get on the board with th new shooter ad well. I'll work on my mountain goat story tomorrow.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sea Rover
Back