Mule deer reference book?

Paul in Idaho

I have mule deer hunting books by David Long and Robby Denning, but am now searching for a deeper reference on the species. I also have Mule Deer Country by Valerius Geist, which is a good summary of the type of information I'm looking for.

A muley book equivalent to Thomas and Toweill's North American Elk: Ecology and Management would be ideal. Any suggestions?

Thanks.
Paul

Hmm, not sure if there is a mule deer equivalent. If he doesn't see this you should PM Oak. There is lots of primary literature of course, and your library should have the necessary subscriptions to access it. There's a pretty classic mule deer Ecological Monograph you might be interested in for insrance. Its now somewhat dated. Lots of new ways that even older collar data can be analyzed that makes current literature worth a look.

Mule and Black-tailed Deer of North America: A Wildlife Management Institute Book Hardcover – April 1, 1981
by Olof C. Wallmo (Editor)

"The" book about mule deer. the Western Association of Fish and Wildlife Agencies Mule Deer Working Group and MDF are planning on doing a book with update info soon.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infraredice
Back