Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Road trip advice

Did the 2000 mile drive by myself this year. I had a good time just seeing other states and imagining future hunts. Should be a good time with 2 friends and the excitement of an upcoming hunt.

Not sure how you did that by yourself. long drive. So far just empty highways and road construction for the first 750 miles.

I appreciate the feedback. Lots of good tips!

Not sure how you did that by yourself. long drive. So far just empty highways and road construction for the first 750 miles.

The excitement of getting to wyoming and hunting kept me going. Drove 5 hours friday after work, 24 hours straight on saturday, then a couple of hours sunday morning. It really wasnt that bad. I just kept telling myself to make it to the next state. Missouri and nebraska were the worst.

I did it two years ago, Ohio to Wy, by my onesies. Two days, flat out and ahead of schedule. If I had had a couple of buddies it would have been straight through for sure!

Satellite Radio, Trail Mix, Jerky, Diet Pepsi, Stop and take a pic of something (the stopping is more important than the thing), Flirt with the floozy at Burger/Waffle/Taco Wherever, but most of all......take the time to enjoy the trip out and not loose the opportunities you may never get again just because of your quest to get there.

Do yourself a huge and schedule extra time for getting back. Y'all will be tired, the rush of the getting there will be gone, and y'all just saw the same d@mn sh!t on the way out there.

Regardless...Have Fun !

Last edited:
I did the trip from Pa to Fairplay Co by myself this year.I usually make 2 trips west each fall so I'm use to it.My best advise is to get off the road and stay in a hotel overnight.I drove straight thru one time with 3 of us,and I lost most of the day we got there anyway from feeling sick and needing sleep.So not stopping overnight didn't save any time but actu all cost me more hunt time.I never drive out west now without stopping overnight.Trust me,your body will feel much better.I get back on the road around 4am and usually am making camp by lunchtime and can be hunting that evening.Best advise I can give you.That and it helps to find people to make fun of.Enjoy your trip.The ride home is the WORST

I do the same as above with a hotel for a few hours. We drive to Sioux falls SD or Lincoln Nebraska and get a room for 6 hours and are in Wyoming around lunch the next day and refreshed. I drove straight going home this year 24.5 hours 1800 miles and took 2 days to feel normal after that. I stop only for gas and bathroom and eat snacks for the drive. Good Luck on your hunt.

Oh, you gotta blast Chris Ledoux when you hit the Wyoming border

I did it myself also,three times now. probably should only be done by those of us that enjoy driving.

Not sure I enjoy the driving,but I hate flying even more.Till they get done raping me for baggage fees and an upgraded rental car that can handle the forest roads I'm hundreds ahead by driving.I do enjoy the people along the way

Back