Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Default NFL guy says he'll quit before standing for the flag

I'm fine with him or anybody else quitting that doesn't respect the Flag and our Country. Myself, i was a starting Linebacker on a major college nationally ranked Football team. I seldom watch football anymore, it was different when i played for free, love of the game and personally knew a lot of guys that went on, NFL players. These days it's so different, i no longer care that much about the Game and these guys are making it worse. Your thoughts?

That's his decision. The game won't miss him. I have my beliefs and how I feel about the Flag and anthem. If he'll quit, see ya. mtmuley

Let him go on down the rode. I really don't care what he does. His disrespect doesn't earn my respect.

well, see ya don't let the door hit ya on the way out.

I have a bigger issue with people who don't respect their spouses and children than I do those who don't stand for the Anthem. A lot of kids in this world who are ignored by their parents and I would like to hear more outrage about that disrespect.

I'll always be leery when a draft dodger wraps himself in the flag, and starts pointing fingers at people he deems unpatriotic.
    Cows, not condos

Is fantastic that a young man knows the consequences and still takes actions knowing the consequences could be very unfortunate personally. Pat Tillman followed his heart. This player can follow his heart. I applaud them both for walking away from NFL earnings that they will not match anywhere else. Of course, would not be the first time a player asserted one thing then gets quiet later while saluting the flag. He deleted his tweet. I know of dozens of celebrities that asserted they would leave America if candidate Trump was elected. Exactly zero have left at last count. Easy to boast and chest thump when do not actually intend to be inconvenienced financially or move out of America. All talk, no walk is bush league.

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Rancho Loco View Post
    I'll always be leery when a draft dodger wraps himself in the flag, and starts pointing fingers at people he deems unpatriotic.
    Fair enough. Please don't confuse Uncle Sage with Uncle Ted. Proud to stand hat in hand, i've never known any other way. If i want to protest, i'll bring it up at the Poker game later. Thanks for the comments people!

Would laughing and joking during a military retreat be more disrespectful than a quiet kneel?

"I'll put some whiskey into my whiskey"

This country was originated in protest by a group of protesters, our founding fathers. Together they decided that the first amendment to their new constitution would preserve and defend the fundamental right to dissent. That was in place, unaltered, for over 150 years before there was a national anthem (March 3, 1931) or pledge of allegiance (June 22, 1942). Both of which have been revised since then, to suit the fashion of the day. Every court in the nation has upheld the first amendment many times over. By any historical or legal measure, protest has a more patriotic standing in the history of the United States of America than any song, pledge or sports tradition.

If every NFL player or employee quit and there was never another NFL game the world would be a better place. A whole bunch of people might get up and go outside and live their own life instead of pretending to be part of some giant money sucking franchise. So yeah, I'm not impressed with professional sports in 2017. Good riddance.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Hulburt View Post
    If every NFL player or employee quit and there was never another NFL game the world would be a better place. A whole bunch of people might get up and go outside and live their own life instead of pretending to be part of some giant money sucking franchise. So yeah, I'm not impressed with professional sports in 2017. Good riddance.
    Would you like to join the Hunt Talk fantasy football league next year? Filled to the brim this year but I could save you a spot next year.
    "I'll put some whiskey into my whiskey"

Quote Originally Posted by Schaaf View Post
    Would you like to join the Hunt Talk fantasy football league next year? Filled to the brim this year but I could save you a spot next year.
    Very nice of you to offer but I will pass. I loved playing football but why anyone would watch these guys is beyond me.

The problem is they were never taught respect from their parents because their parents were never taught respect. I will bet you if they joined the service and fought for this country them they would have a different outlook. If they do not like this country or disagree with this country then they should LEAVE !!!!!!
    You can't get lost if you don't care where you are going.

Quote Originally Posted by pabearhunter View Post
    The problem is they were never taught respect from their parents because their parents were never taught respect. I will bet you if they joined the service and fought for this country them they would have a different outlook. If they do not like this country or disagree with this country then they should LEAVE !!!!!!
    No they shouldn't leave, unless they want to.

Quote Originally Posted by u1299 View Post
    No they shouldn't leave, unless they want to.
    I guess you would give them a trophy.

Quote Originally Posted by elkduds View Post
    This country was originated in protest by a group of protesters, our founding fathers. Together they decided that the first amendment to their new constitution would preserve and defend the fundamental right to dissent. That was in place, unaltered, for over 150 years before there was a national anthem (March 3, 1931) or pledge of allegiance (June 22, 1942). Both of which have been revised since then, to suit the fashion of the day. Every court in the nation has upheld the first amendment many times over. By any historical or legal measure, protest has a more patriotic standing in the history of the United States of America than any song, pledge or sports tradition.
    I couldn't agree more.

Quote Originally Posted by uncle sage View Post
    Fair enough. Please don't confuse Uncle Sage with Uncle Ted. Proud to stand hat in hand, i've never known any other way. If i want to protest, i'll bring it up at the Poker game later. Thanks for the comments people!
    Hey Uncle, please don't think I was referring to you as draft dodger or any other pejorative. I was referring to our uncle prez.
    Cows, not condos

I thought speaking one's mind was an admirable trait, unless I guess it's only speaking for something a person agrees to.
    Cows, not condos

20. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Power54 View Post
    I couldn't agree more.
    Yes, elkduds does make a well thought out statement there, Thanks, that is tough to disagree with,..except when talking of our Flag and those who gave all in defending it allowing these guys the opportunity to play a kids game for millions and set for life. In the beginning, i had mixed feelings, but now this guy says that he'll quit. So Quit! Protest elsewhere.

When a Team plays the game to Win, to excel, to accomplish goals, they must play, be, and act as a Team. Thoughts on how to accomplish a goal, team strategy, a lack of mental mistakes, preparedness, studying trends of individual opponents on film to best take advantage, conditioning, all stuff done with a clear head with nothing distracting from the goal at hand,.. all parts working seamlessly as a coordinated unit, as a Team. Half stand, some kneel, some still in the locker room. That's not the "Team" that i knew.

edit: Rancho, got it and thanks for contributing your thoughts. This is a tough issue for me, many are, but it hit home as i was Captain of every defense i ever played on and my guys were about the Team or they were on the bench.
    Last edited by uncle sage; 10-13-2017 at 09:03 AM.

The contradiction I see is how people claim to live in the land of the free, while at the same time hollering from rooftops to fire NFL players for kneeling during the anthem? Tough to reconcile those two things, IMO.

Not that I agree with what they're doing either, I think there are better ways to get your voice heard and the problem solved. But I will still watch football when I feel like it and wont be boycotting NFL sponsors.

However, I also fully support those that like hollering from rooftops too. Again, that whole land of the free thing.
    "...the world outside, which my brother and I soon discovered, was full of bastards, the number increasing rapidly the farther one gets from Missoula, Montana." -Norman Maclean

"They were still so young they hadn't learned to count the odds and to sense they might owe the universe a tragedy"
    -Norman Maclean

Quote Originally Posted by Rancho Loco View Post
    I thought speaking one's mind was an admirable trait, unless I guess it's only speaking for something a person agrees to.
    Speaking your mind is what we fought for. There is a right time and place to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by elkduds View Post
    Well stated.

Speaking your mind is what we fought for. There is a right time and place to do so.
    Yours and my opinion of when it's appropriate is just that, our opinion's. They are free to do as they wish. Even if the greater population disagrees with them.
    I fail to see how using social pressure to silence a segment of the population will do anything but divide and eventually cause one side to resort to violence.
    This is how oppressive governments create terrorist groups. Now we have the power to do it through social media.
    “LET ME TELL YOU WHY PEOPLE LIVE IN IDAHO…THEY LIVE IN IDAHO BECAUSE THEY LOVE THEIR PUBLIC LANDS. THEY LIKE ACCESS TO THEM FOR RECREATION, FOR HUNTING AND FISHING, OR ALL THE ACTIVITIES THEY DO ON PUBLIC LANDS.”
    -U.S. Representative Mike Simpson

Name:  22089975_2121111507914774_8763328275747341976_n.jpg
Views: 446
Size:  69.4 KB
    Cows, not condos

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast