Caribou Gear Tarp

Soft shell Jacket

Any recommendations for a softshell jacket? Not looking for Sitka or kuiu or FL. Headed to CO for 3rd rifle, looking for something reliable and not to break the bank. Thanks all

If Camofire has any of the Core 4 element soft shell jackets left they are a great jacket for the price. I picked up 3 of them from 39.00 to 49.00, but their stock may be low. I actually have called them and not waited for it to come up on their website. Very helpful people.

If Camofire has any of the Core 4 element soft shell jackets left they are a great jacket for the price. I picked up 3 of them from 39.00 to 49.00, but their stock may be low. I actually have called them and not waited for it to come up on their website. Very helpful people.

Me, too. I switched from Sitka 90% to Core4 Element, like it better. Mine is just big enough for a puffy jacket under it, which is all you need in late seasons.

^^^. This
I bought one for my wife, almost the same thing as my Sitka 90%.

I capitalized on the 90% jacket on Sierra Trading Post. The Cabelas soft shells seem pretty decent. I have the Lookout I believe. Fit is a bit strange for me, but for $90 its a nice piece. Kept me plenty dry and warm with only a base layer in Wyoming wind, snow and light rain during my antelope hunt this year.

Sylo gear is made by black ovis and is supposedly the same as core 4 elements. Im pretty sure they have a softshell jacket, i kniw they have oants.

A bit late for the reply, but...

I picked up a Mountain Hardware Gore Windstopper on clearance from Campmor for a good (to me) price. Made in USA and has been very durable. I used for treework a few years now, and besides little pulls in the fabric here and there, it has held up very well. It's not camo, but a nice dark gray color that I can throw a plaid vest over for a breakup pattern when need be. It's more of a everyday/multifunction piece, but the longer I have it, the more I like it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back