Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Bull Down,Home Sweet Home

Thanks guys.
I coulda used the help Randy...lol,I'm getting old & worn out. A 1 1/2 hr gutless solo bull is now 4 hrs with a rope tied to a truck.
I'll take a raincall for when I get a Gila tag,.....bring Marcus.
The backstrap will have to wait to go into the freezer manana,my wrist is shot..lol. Maybe cook a tender if I wake up again......LOL

Ken,how did you know that song was playing in the truck when I towed him into the shade?

"Now that ain't working,that's the way you do it..."

Last edited:
001.JPG
I almost forgot the Good Omen Sunset the night before.........the clouds kept looking like elk antlers to me.

"I love it when a plan comes together!" Good hunt, well told. Looks like you didn't even have to lock hubs for this one. Should be a dandy euro mount, or in my vocabulary, a southwestern mount. Bon appetite.

Congratulations. Pretty neat to be able to kill an elk on your own property like that.

I guess your landowner tag is only good for your ranch, not unit wide?

RO in unit 12.
Timing or just plain dumb luck hunts here. But ya gotta be able to stalk or sit & wait .
The guys hunting the surrounding public & big ranches do help or hinder at times. Sort of how BF hunts small chunks of public surrounded by private,in reverse.Same with the guys that drive the road thru our valley. They send the elk back to our side & mesa.
They come to my place for water & are out of sight for the most part.

Congrats on a great bull and job well done! Way to stick with it!

What you really need is a red oak pit and some Jockos/Susie Q seasoning for that backstrap!

Fitting.
I was grilling some fresh tenderloin for a snack on the grill this evening and I hear the chuckle down below...nooooooooooooo.
Grab the binos after turning off the grill and weave down thru the trees. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO................LOL
There is the massive perfect 6x6 I saw in Sept. with his gals at the tank,probably a solid 380 bull.LOL
I go back and sit under my perfect little 6x6(minus a broken 3rd) with a plate of excellent fair and I thank my trophy again for feeding me.
And listen to his uncles' chuckles...too funny & too fitting.

Congrats Hank.

That beautiful picture does look like an elk in the sky! I will have check the sunset for elk when I hunt.

Great sunset pic Hank!

Successful 140 acre bull hunt is some good luck!

Nice job!!

Back