PEAX Equipment

Zinke’s travels: Ski resort and Alaskan steakhouse

mfb99

Well, it just gets worse with Zinke the Swamp Creature.

From an article in Politico: http://www.politico.com/story/2017/10/10/zinke-trips-fundraisers-ski-resort-243651

Here are the highlights from the article:

Interior Secretary Ryan Zinke has attended at least two additional political fundraisers while traveling for official business, including a weekend ski getaway less than three weeks after he was sworn in that donors paid up to $3,000 to attend, according to sources and documents reviewed by POLITICO.

Zinke's previously undisclosed attendance at the events adds to scrutiny he is facing over his habit of mixing political activities with official business when traveling outside of Washington, D.C., and to questions over travel expenses incurred by members of President Donald Trump’s Cabinet. In addition to the fundraisers, Zinke has held at least a half-dozen other events with big donors or influential conservative organizations while on official trips.

All three fundraisers occurred on trips that Zinke took for official Interior Department business. The Hatch Act and other federal laws allow Cabinet secretaries to participate in partisan political activities only if they do so on their own time and do not use any governmental resources. Federal Election Commission records for the campaign committees do not list any reimbursement payments to Interior for the events.

"Both law and common sense tell us that taxpayer resources are supposed to be used when you're doing the taxpayers' business [but] are not supposed to be used to help candidates get elected," said Brendan Fischer of the nonprofit watchdog organization Campaign Legal Center

The Hatch Act bars Zinke from taking part in political events while acting in his official role as Interior secretary, which includes being identified by his title in invitations. But Richard Painter, a University of Minnesota professor and former White House chief ethics lawyer under President George W. Bush, said Daines referring to Zinke's Cabinet position doesn't appear to violate the law.

Zinke "should take reasonable steps to make sure people aren't using his official title" and not use the title himself at political events, Painter said. "But I don't know that he has an obligation to jump in and tell the senator he can't do that."

POLITICO’s report on Zinke’s appearance in that photo line led Walter Shaub, a former director of the U.S. Office of Government Ethics who is now with the Campaign Legal Center, to ask the Office of Special Counsel to open a Hatch Act investigation.

It is hard to imagine that Zinke has been entrusted with OUR Public Lands. The abuses of his position as Secretary of the Interior are stunning and depressing.

All sportsmen and women who value OUR Public Lands need to rally against Zinke.

He is a shill, a Swamp Creature extraordinaire who is beholding only to his Swamp masters – The Extraction Industry.

Fight. Don’t stay silent. Call your Congressional leaders and voice your outrage and opinion. Do it now – Zinke and his ilk are warming up the CAT D-9’s and slinging chain on the drill rod.

Cheers,

Mark

Ye shall be free to roam……

P.S. Please no parroting the early morning talks shows about the evils of the elitist Lefties. (Use your own brain and think, like IBM says).

I've been sitting in front of the 'puter all evening researching my hunt areas and working on maps to get a better feel for the unit I'm expecting to hunt with my daughter in the next couple weeks. It's always interesting to me how research, following trends and statistics gives one a sense of the "personality" of an area he expects to hunt. By looking at what a unit has produced in terms of quantity and quality in the past, it is fairly easy to determine whether or not I want to invest my time and energy looking in to what is has to offer.

Take for example a moose hunt. I've come to realize that there are units my home state of Montana sells tags for that offer an uninformed applicant a reasonable chance to buy an expensive piece of paper and invest valuable time and energy looking for the treasure of a bull moose. The unit might have produced in the past but due to variable factors there are some units that offer such a slim chance of success at finding value in them that they leave only a let down feeling to those who explore them. Word of mouth soon gets around to those who follow closely that it's not worth time or money. That unit might be interesting to someone who is infatuated with the idea of holding a moose tag, but hunters who actually want to kill a moose learn to recognize the signs and avoid it.

I was a bit bored and in need of a distraction and since Hunttalk is one of my favorite distractions I did something a bit uncharacteristic of me. I've noticed that quite a few of your threads have a common theme with a particular metallic element featuring prominently in many of your topics. I'm not all that interested in mining but I was interested in statistic tonight so I did a rough compilation and categorization of the 29 threads that bear your mark of origination. Among them I found...

2 -Threads of Introduction. (Welcome, BTW. Your Whippets are cool.)
1- Thread in Search of the Ultimate Lightweight Rifle. (I think Don JR.'s friend that owns a camo company is coming out with a rather high priced lightweight rifle that might meet your specs if the political association isn't too much of a turn off.)
2- Threads Locked.
6 -Posts highlighting positive publicity for public lands. ( Kudos for those. I liked them)
5- Posts complaining of various imminent environmental threads due to actions by the current occupants of the swamp.
12- Posts about a metallic element which happens to have a similar association with the name of the current secretary of the Interior.

Statistics such as these cause my bored mind to ponder the slogan of Mossy Oak brand camo as a question. "Is it a Passion or an Obsession?"

Most hunters on this site appreciate staying current with various factors that influence or threaten a way of life we love, but I'm guessing a few pictures of rabbits or squirrels or prototypes of the holy grail of lightweight deer rifles might go a long ways to convince a skeptic who might be wondering if a unit is capable of producing game or just tag soup.

Last edited:
I've been sitting in front of the 'puter all evening researching my hunt areas and working on maps to get a better feel for the unit I'm expecting to hunt with my daughter in the next couple weeks. It's always interesting to me how research, following trends and statistics gives one a sense of the "personality" of an area he expects to hunt. By looking at what a unit has produced in terms of quantity and quality in the past, it is fairly easy to determine whether or not I want to invest my time and energy looking in to what is has to offer.

Take for example a moose hunt. I've come to realize that there are units my home state of Montana sells tags for that offer an uninformed applicant a reasonable chance to buy an expensive piece of paper and invest valuable time and energy looking for the treasure of a bull moose. The unit might have produced in the past but due to variable factors there are some units that offer such a slim chance of success at finding value in them that they leave only a let down feeling to those who explore them. Word of mouth soon gets around to those who follow closely that it's not worth time or money. That unit might be interesting to someone who is infatuated with the idea of holding a moose tag, but hunters who actually want to kill a moose learn to recognize the signs and avoid it.

I was a bit bored and in need of a distraction and since Hunttalk is one of my favorite distractions I did something a bit uncharacteristic of me. I've noticed that quite a few of your threads have a common theme with a particular metallic element featuring prominently in many of your topics. I'm not all that interested in mining but I was interested in statistic tonight so I did a rough compilation and categorization of the 29 threads that bear your mark of origination. Among them I found...

1- Thread in Search of the Ultimate Lightweight Rifle. (I think Don JR.'s friend that owns a camo company is coming out with a rather high priced lightweight rifle that might meet your specs if the political association isn't too much of a turn off.)
2- Threads Locked.
6 -Posts highlighting positive publicity for public lands. ( Kudos for those. I liked them)
5- Posts complaining of various imminent environmental threads due to actions by the current occupants of the swamp.
12- Posts about a metallic element which happens to have a similar association with the name of the current secretary of the Interior.

Statistics such as these cause my bored mind to ponder the slogan of Mossy Oak brand camo as a question. "Is it a Passion or an Obsession?"

Most hunters on this site appreciate staying current with various factors that influence or threaten a way of life we love, but I'm guessing a few pictures of rabbits or squirrels or prototypes of the holy grail of lightweight deer rifles might go a long ways to convince a skeptic who might be wondering if a unit is capable of producing game or just tag soup.

Amen.

When somebody constantly uses personal attack language it pretty much becomes boring rhetoric to me, I pay no attention to whatever follows.

2- Threads Locked.

Amen. I brought this point up a while back...although a lot less eloquently.

While GM post is both accurate and entertaining, it begs the question why bother? No one forced you to read it and if you don't have something to contribute then move along. Putting someone down for being passionate or obsessive about an issue or set of issues isn't useful or productive and probably has the opposite effect that you're after.

While GM post is both accurate and entertaining, it begs the question why bother? No one forced you to read it and if you don't have something to contribute then move along. Putting someone down for being passionate or obsessive about an issue or set of issues isn't useful or productive and probably has the opposite effect that you're after.

I guess you could ask yourself the same question, no?

When I see Marks posts, I come for the entertainment value from post #2 on....

Thank you Gerald!

I think GM is making a point and using humor to soften it. My take from it is that message becomes suspect because of the messager.

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,gone hunting.

Good luck, hope you have safe travels and tag out.

Ps I doubt anyone that has the brain cells required to make an account here is a flat farther. Disgruntled lib with an axe to grind? Sure. A non-reactionary that is willing to give an administration a chance before losing their mind in full nuclear meltdown? Absolutely. But no flat earth folks.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stravic
Back