Thanks Schmalts! New CDS dial on my Leupold...

bigdonniebrasco

This isn't a thinly veiled attempt to get compliments on my shooting! I just wanted to post my experience with the CDS dial that came FREE with the Leupold scope that I bought from Schmaltz.

I am a bowhunter, slowly getting into rifle hunting, and I don't know JACK about "hold-over" "trajectory" etc. I mounted my own scope and right out of the box I was almost dead on at 100 yards. I am going to WY for Pronghorn today and didn't want to guess where my bullet would hit, so I ordered my free CDS for cheap factory ammo.

Took all of 2 minutes to install and I am very pleased with the results! I have never taken a shot beyond 100 yards, but now, in the right circumstances, I would be confident enough to do so!

DonCDS DIAL.jpg

Nice. How long did it take to get the turret from leupold? I ordered one for a scope I bought from schmalts as well. Ordered it 6 weeks ago and have not heard from leupold yet.

Holy Hannah thats good shooting! You're not blowing smoke when you say you haven't shot much are you?! ;)

I love my CDS on my VX-3. Hasn't failed me yet. This summer my wife shot my 300 for the first time at a rock at 440 yards and center punched it. For an average guy like me, that dial works real well.

Nope... Havent shot much, but I did learn early, and I'm a bow hunter, same principals I guess.
This is my very first hunting rifle of my own.

I was shooting sitting on my butt using a military ruck sack as a base. :)

It took about 8 weeks or so to get my dial.

....definitely took longer (over 2 months IIRC) to receive my last dial but i attribute it to how saturated range, spin, & shoot has become. CDS's are handier than a lit up bluetooth nock...

Back